Complaint Review: Wave Rider resort

• Updated: Tue, August 05, 2014

• Reported By: Jennifer — Parkton North Carolina
Wave Rider resort
1600 south ocean blvd Myrtle beach, South Carolina USA

Wave Rider resort Palace Resort Dirty, bug infested, outdated,bad customer service and keeps money Myrtle beach South Carolina

My family booked this resort through a third party company which was booking, after reading these reviews I was skeptical but I looked at the pictures of this place and It didnt look too bad and I booked, ater we arrived I found out that the condo was in the Palace Resort which is oceanfront and the room key was across the street at Waverider Resort in a mailbox, so the Room stunk, nothing like the pictures, bugs greeted us the furniture was old and outdated,the carpet was torn, there was cereal on the floor, the beds in one of the bedrooms were supposed to be twin beds more like toddler beds, the queen size bed in the other bedroom headboard fell to the floor once my husband sat down on it, my husband is disabled by the way, The patio doors had a haze or film over them.  I immediately went to the front desk they couldnt help because of the different management and the informed me the management of WaveRider wouldnt be in until the next morning. We booked for Tuesday-Friday, My family was so disappointed after traveling to get there, I was not going to spend not one night in this hell hole! I work hard for my money and my daughter and I have very bad allergies and I saw this as a health risk so we left.

The next morning I went to the wave rider to check out, I spoke with the older gentleman at the front desk, I told him about the bugs, he said he would call a exterminator, I explain to him about the beds how small they were and if my kids wanted to sleep there and they are average size kids 10. &. 11 the couldn't have, he was very defensive and he said they were going to charge me for that one night $253.00. I accepted that but a week later I discovered the charged me for entire stay!! I Called Booking and the lied and said the charged me for that one night, I didn't cancel this reservation I checked in I just could not stay there because of the conditions so I checked out the next morning, there was no one available for me to resolve any issues upon arrival and after going back and forth with the management of this so called resort he hung up in me! This is not fair that this place is allowed to make up policies as they go and keep peoples hard earned money for nothing,  he even went as far as to tell me that booking charged me, which was a lie  I know where those charges came from! Those pictures on the web for Waverider and Palace Resort are deceptive!

I am going to file a complaint with the State Attorney generals office and with whoever I can to put a stop to business' like these with these type of practices . People work too hard for their money to Be ripped off !

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/05/2014 03:29 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Wave-Rider-resort/Myrtle-beach-South-Carolina-29577/Wave-Rider-resort-Palace-Resort-Dirty-bug-infested-outdatedbad-customer-service-and-ke-1167626. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Wave Rider resort