Complaint Review: wayne county friend of the court

• Submitted: Tue, November 26, 2002
  • Updated: Tue, November 26, 2002

• Reported By:Canton Mi
wayne county friend of the court
645 Griswald street Detroit, Michigan U.S.A.

wayne county friend of the court filed injured spouse victimized many consumers Detroit Michigan

married, Douglas M. Warren on 8/30/99. he owed arrearages and the friend of the court took my income tax refund for the last 2 years.

I Charlotte D. warren Married Douglas M.Warren on 8/30/99. he owed back arrearages on child support for his minor son,Ryan Joseph belmont.

my husband and I started an online business and when we filed our taxes we filed together but I filed and injured spouse form to protect my refund. anyway, the Ex-Partner of my husbands still ended up with my income tax refund, payed through the friend of the court.

tax return for the year 2000I took her to small claims court and the judge said he is in favor of me for this matter but delayed it to notify the friend of the court to see if they would pay-up since it was thier mistake,even though the Ex-partner told the judge she is aware that half of the check she recieved was mine.we are due back in court within the next month.

and now I find out that they have my 2001 tax return in an offset as well. I've been waiting since 2000 for my refund, I have made several trips/calls to the friend of the court and to the IRS on this matter. she (ex-partner) is due (his) returns,but not mine, as I'am not financially responsible for his debts nor for his child support for his child.

I can not get any answers from anyone at the friend of the court. they do not answer the phones and I have to drive to Detroit again to try and resolve this and get the money owed to me,WHICH IS A BIG INCONVENIENCE... I keep getting the run around and it is not fair.PLEASE HELP ME!!!!

Charlotte
Canton, Michigan

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/26/2002 09:42 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/wayne-county-friend-of-the-court/Detroit-Michigan-48226/wayne-county-friend-of-the-court-filed-injured-spouse-victimized-many-consumers-Detroit-M-36320. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on wayne county friend of the court