• Report: #452543

Complaint Review: Wayne County Friend Of The Court

Thank You

Read how Ripoff Report saves consumers millions.

  • Submitted: Sat, May 16, 2009
  • Updated: Thu, April 01, 2010

  • Reported By:flatrock Michigan
Wayne County Friend Of The Court
645 Griswold Detroit Detroit, Michigan U.S.A.

Wayne County Friend Of The Court riping me off .they have not colected for me since 2006. Detroit Michigan

*Consumer Suggestion: One idea

*Consumer Comment: FOC RIGHT

*Consumer Suggestion: Request that your order be registered in Alabama

What's this?
What's this?
What's this?
Is this
Ripoff Report
About you?
Ripoff Report
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
commitment to
customer satisfaction
Click here now..

Does your business have a bad reputation?
Fix it the right way.
Corporate Advocacy Program™

SEO Reputation Management at its best!

i have been with wayne county friend of the court for about a few years now and they only colected a hand full of time for me and that was it my sons father moved to alabama and i told them where he was liveing at in alabama and where he was working to and asked them to colect on my case and they told me that they couldent and i found out that they lied to me that they can colect but dont want to.i even called and talked to the attorney general mike cox about puting a out of state felony awarnt out for my sons fathers arest and he sent me out paper work to fill out to get it started.and well 3 months later he wrote me back telling me he could not do nothing for me at all.call friend of the court he said so i called them back and they told me the same thing cant do nothing for you call the attorney general mike coxs back.nothing but bull crap stories i am geting from friend of the court.bunch of rip offs not their to help you just their to make things worse.

flatrock, Michigan

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/16/2009 04:27 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Wayne-County-Friend-Of-The-Court/Detroit-Michigan-48820/Wayne-County-Friend-Of-The-Court-riping-me-off-they-have-not-colected-for-me-since-2006-452543. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Wayne County Friend Of The Court

Search for additional reports

If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:

Search Tips
Report & Rebuttal
Respond to this report!
What's this?
Also a victim?
What's this?
Repair Your Reputation!
What's this?
0Author 3Consumer 0Employee/Owner
Updates & Rebuttals

#1 Consumer Suggestion

One idea

AUTHOR: Tim - (U.S.A.)

Ok, so this may be an expensive and time consuming option, but it's an idea nonetheless.

The inability of the FOC to collect probably has to do with jurisdiction and the lack of a compact between Michigan and Alabama. So here's a way you can put this into Alabama jurisdiction.

1) Get a civil judgment, in Michigan, against your ex for all the past due, plus 8% interest per year, plus your attorney's fees and court costs. You'll need a lawyer for this, but Michigan law allows for the recovery of attorney fees in civil cases.

2) Next, you'll need to find a lawyer in Alabama and have the judgment "domesticated," which means that a court in the State of Alabama enters it as a judgment in Alabama. The Alabama court is, theoretically at least, constitutionally required to do this ("full faith and credit" clause).

3) Now that you have a civil judgment in Alabama, follow the procedures for collecting on the judgment (i.e. garnishment).

There may be an easier way. A family lawyer should be able to figure it out for you. You can't really depend on the FOC or the AG to help you.

Best of luck!

Respond to this report!
What's this?

#2 Consumer Comment


AUTHOR: driver,mechanic..unemployeed - (USA)

Mary, do you want to hear a good one: I just got in the mail last week a letter from the Foc. It stated that because my doughter was no longer in school and she truned 18 2 months ago that my child support would stop. GREAT RIGHT, The problem is I have custody of my daughter, not only does she go to school everyday she eats lunch there also. 2, I never got a dime in child support. I have had her for 6 years, no christmas cards no birth day cards, not a cent. If I was short one months payment when I did pay support: I would have to drive to Virgina Beach to talk to a judge. round trip of 800.00 for me to pay. She never paid a cent. The friend of court interstate people said nothing, did nothing now they send me a notice 6 years late telling me that the were going to stop taking child support out of my check for the kid that I have. By the way When I told the worker 6 years ago that I got custody of my daughter not only did I have to show then the paperwork from out of state, I had to show them my daughter to prove it. Still they never went after her for a dime. If it was me I would have been in prison years go.........
Respond to this report!
What's this?

#3 Consumer Suggestion

Request that your order be registered in Alabama

AUTHOR: S - (U.S.A.)

If the other parent has a bench warrant in Michigan, ask that your case be registered in Alabama. If there is not bench warrant, the request a Show Cause Hearing. More than likely the other parent won't show and a bench warrant will be issued... Then you can request that your case be registered.
Respond to this report!
What's this?
Report & Rebuttal
Respond to this report!
What's this?
Also a victim?
What's this?
Repair Your Reputation!
What's this?

Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.