• Report: #196420

• Submitted: Wed, June 14, 2006
  • Updated: Thu, June 15, 2006

• Reported By:Waukegan Illinois
Wayside Gardens
1 Garden Lane Hodges, South Carolina U.S.A.
  • Phone: 800-2130379
  • Web:
  • Category: Nurseries

Wayside Gardens Ripoff! BUYERS BEWARE! Hodges South Carolina

*Author of original report: Wayside Gardens, Hodges, South Carolina

On April 28th I ordered plants from Wayside. Before the plants were shipped out, I called customer service and cancelled the order. A few days later, I noticed that Wayside Gardens had withdrawn $124.00 from my account. I called customer service and was told that their records showed I had cancelled the order and it appeared my bank account was debited in error.

Although there was an error on their part, customer service was not able to tell me when I would receive a credit since their refunds were done manually.

After 30 days, I called customer service to inquire about my refund and was told that a check had been issued. I questioned why I was mailed a check instead of having my credit card credited. Customer Service could not give me an answer.

After waiting another two weeks and not receiving the check, I called Wayside Gardens and was told that a credit had been issued to my account on May 22, 2006. Having never received the credit, I explained this to the customer service rep and told her that two weeks ago, I was told a check had been issued.

Although she was clearly put out by having to make a phone call, she did call aaccounting and I was told that a new credit would be issued sometime during the next 5 days.

I have had to wait over 45 days for a refund that I'm not sure I will ever receive from this outfit. All I can say is if you are considering doing business with this outfit BUYER BEWARE!

Francie
Waukegan, Illinois

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/14/2006 02:44 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Wayside-Gardens/Hodges-South-Carolina-29695/Wayside-Gardens-Ripoff-BUYERS-BEWARE-Hodges-South-Carolina-196420. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Wayside Gardens

AUTHOR: Francie - (U.S.A.)

Received a message from Wayside Gardens. Looks like the check that supposedly was sent three weeks ago was never sent. And, the credit to my account on the 22nd -- that was never done d either. According to the message, a check was cut a couple of days ago. But then before the end of the message, the story changed to: Will be cut and I should look for it in the mail within the next few weeks...

Their story changes by the minute. Mine stays the same. Do not do business with this company and if you do -- BUYER BEWARE!