Avenue

• Updated: Thu, May 03, 2012

• Reported By: rottylover — Midlothian Virginia United States of America
We Buy Ugly Houses
2000 Dumbarton Road Richmond, Virginia United States of America

We Buy Ugly Houses Homevestors, WER Group Promises to buy your home for cash. SCAM Richmond, Virginia

*Consumer Comment: Not true AT ALL!

*Author of original report: In reference to YEA RIGHT

*Consumer Comment: YEAH RIGHT!

*Author of original report: WER Group

*Consumer Suggestion: Thanks

Do not use them!! They advertise they will buy your home for cash ....but after they come to your home and make an offer and you except. They wait 10 days to call you back to say there boss declined to buy your house....oh but wait! we can still get this done! they claim to have a hudge network of investors and they pull out all the stops to get your house sold! So being at there mercy you agree. So they relist your home on the MLS for 40,000 more than they offer you. hoping someone will buy it. What???? I could have done that with a realtor!! and came out with more cash in my pocket paying the 6% commission.! But remember if they sell you will only get the low ball price they offered you in the begining!! and they have  40K !!And believe me it does not take 40K to pay closing fees and such has they offer!! They never intend to buy your home themselves they are nothing more than scammers who use a high profile name to take advantage of desperate people! It is false advertising when they say we will pay cash for your house!! LIE they do not buy your home they relist and get someone else to buy it at there jacked up price!! So how can they say WE pay cash. [continued below]....
.....? And they will try to use the 45 day grace period for a feasability study to hold you to the contract....after they have already declined themselves to buy the house!!! What??? They say they can change their mind before the 45 days is up and decided to buy??? Ok now im confused....did they not decline??? I can see me now dealing with a realtor who is selling a home for a seller, make an offer, then decline, and tell them they have to hold the house for me for 45 days in case I change my mind!!!???? i would be laughed out of the office! They waisted my time, doing the same thing I could have done myself!! so do not give them your money! Just lower your price of your home so it will sell fast and try to keep as much of your own money in your pocket!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/23/2011 09:08 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/We-Buy-Ugly-Houses/Richmond-Virginia-23228/We-Buy-Ugly-Houses-Homevestors-WER-Group-Promises-to-buy-your-home-for-cash-SCAM-Richmo-721169. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on We Buy Ugly Houses

Not true AT ALL!

AUTHOR: alexnovak - (United States of America)

I also live in Richmond, VA. Guess what? They screwed me over too. Coincidence? I think not.

In reference to YEA RIGHT

AUTHOR: rottylover - (USA)

YES it is.....they are actually a great group in Richmond VA, Sorry if other franchises has blemished this rep. But as far as the Richmond group they are very honest and upstanding. As you can see there are NO other complaints.

YEAH RIGHT!

AUTHOR: mr rik - (USA)

Is that REALLY what the owner said???

WER Group

AUTHOR: rottylover - (USA)

I have tried to remove the conplaint but the Rip Off report will not allow me I can only write an update. I would like to say that since this time I have spoken to the owner of Homevestors, and I believe it was a miss understanding on my part how the process works, and I was wrong in my actions. So PLEASE consumers give them a try, call them today. They can help you out of a bad situation, if need be. The owner was very nice in explaining to me the process and wanted nothing more but the best for me. SO again I'm sorry.

#5 Consumer Suggestion

Thanks

AUTHOR: mr rik - (USA)

I used to see these signs all over and always wondered what the ripoff was.

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC