Complaint Review: web.com

web.com
12808 Gran Bay Pkwy, West Jacksonville, Florida United States of America

web.com Ripped of $99 from me to get the URL I created Jacksonville, Florida

*UPDATE Employee: Response from Web.com

Web.com called me offering a 30-day free trial to create a professional looking e-commerce website website. I made up a domain name I wanted and told them I wanted register it with godaddy.com because they have great rates for hosting. They said "let us host it because it is included in our monthly package and if you are in any way unsatisfied within the 30-day trial, we will refund your money.

Well the website they created looked like a 12yr old made it so I called to cancel and take my domain name to godaddy.com. The web.com representative responded, "You cannot take the domain because WE own it. To move it you need to pay us $99"!! Needless to say after much swearing web.com refused to give me my domain. I had to pay them their $99.00 ransom and now I am waiting for them to process the transfer. RIP OFF ARTISTS WHO DESIGN GARBAGE WEBSITES!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/09/2012 01:13 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/webcom/Jacksonville-Florida-32258/webcom-Ripped-of-99-from-me-to-get-the-URL-I-created-Jacksonville-Florida-966970. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on web.com

Response from Web.com

AUTHOR: Web.com Executive Response Team - (United States of America)

Dear Jim:

At Web.com, we take the concerns that you have raised in your post very seriously. As such, we would like to follow up with you regarding the details of your recent experience with us. To accomplish that, we ask that you send your website domain name, your contact information, and the details of this post to our support team via the following link: http://support.web.com/.

Thank you for your help, and we look forward to hearing from you.

Executive Support Team