Complaint Review: web.com

• Submitted: Tue, February 19, 2013
  • Updated: Wed, February 20, 2013

• Reported By: Tom — Janesville Wisconsin U.S.A.
web.com

web.com They keep trying to bill my credit card after cancellation , Internet

*Author of original report: Problem corrected

I canceled my web hosting account with web.com almost a month ago.  I keep getting e-mails from support@web.com saying they are attempting to charge my credit card for the monthly fees.  They don't accept e-mails for billing questions.  I called their 800 number and waited 13 minutes for someone to answer, only to be told I had to talk to a different department and the current wait time was 14 minutes.  I asked to have them call me and the man said it was an inbound call center only.  Terrible customer service.  As I type this, I am waiting for someone to answer.  It's been a total of 22 minutes from the time they answered and transferred me.  If they succeed in putting through a payment to my credit card, I will sue them for any bank charges and the frustration and lack of service.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/19/2013 04:45 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/webcom/internet/webcom-They-keep-trying-to-bill-my-credit-card-after-cancellation-Internet-1016962. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on web.com

Problem corrected

AUTHOR: Tom - (U.S.A.)

After finally getting through to someone who could take care of the problem, it was taken care of to my satisfaction.  I even received a call from the Executive office of Web.com apologizing and thanking me for my input - very professional.  So, if there are no other complaints here on Ripoff about web.com, don't worry about this one.  They had some new employees working who may have made a mistake.  But, as I said, it was taken care of to my satisfaction.

involves