Complaint Review: Webster University

• Submitted: Wed, July 01, 2009
  • Updated: Thu, March 04, 2010

• Reported By:Springfield Missouri
Webster University
321 W. Battlefield Springfield, Missouri U.S.A.

Webster University Society of Human Resources Test Preparation Class Springfield Missouri

*Consumer Comment: I doubt that any school

If you are planning to take the PHR/SPHR/GPHR exams offered by the Human Resources Certification Institute ... think again. The Society of Human Resource Management offers study programs they say are based on a specific body of knowledge to prepare you for success on the exams. NOT TRUE! You will spend well over $1,000 for the materials and they are not a true representation of the exams format or materials. I personal was sucked into their fraud and spent the money and even attended one of their exam preparation classes (9 weeks) at one of their approved providers (Webster University, Ozark Campus, Springfield, MO) and spent many hours, a lot of money and when I took the test it was as if I hadn't ever seen it before. I have been in Human Resources for over 20 years and the test was like a shot in the dark. None of the exam was based on a body of knowledge, but rather applications that can be interrupted a 100 different ways. I am a smart person. I have an undergraduate and graduate degree and graduated in the top 5% of my class. I teach business classes at a local community college as an adjunct professor. This study course, this test from HRCI is a scam. I would not encourage the course, or the exam to anyone. If you want to extend your career take some college classes that have meaning and reputation. I should have known when there are few others who present preparation materials that HRCI and SHRM are in business together to rip off potential HR professionals and take their money. Again, if you want to advance your career ... enroll in your local college ... look on line at some very reputable university and college certifications which are a better bargain and are based on a true body of knowledge, not a scam to get you to take an over priced test more than once to achieve success.

Jeff
Springfield, Missouri

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/01/2009 04:22 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Webster-University/Springfield-Missouri-65807/Webster-University-Society-of-Human-Resources-Test-Preparation-Class-Springfield-Missouri-466939. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Webster University

I doubt that any school

AUTHOR: Chris - (U.S.A.)

is purposely cheating the public by teaching nonsense then asking to be paid. Their are of course many for profit schools that will gladly take your finacial aid and then screw you by providing a sub standard education. In fact they all do really. I have two masters from Webster and feel that it is an honest organization. Im sorry you feel cheated and if it were me. I would document my case and go to court. Other wise I woild not want to be the very first person to sling mud at Webster. Of course I am biased.