Complaint Review: wedriveu

• Updated: Tue, November 29, 2011

• Reported By: pissed off — san jose California United States of America
wedriveu
700 airport blvd #250 burlingame, California United States of America

wedriveu they advertise on craigslist 16.00/hr for driving, and then want you to sign a contract for 10.95/hr and 5.05 "compensation" for them using your phone for their business burlingame, California

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Your story doesn't ring true

*UPDATE Employee: Fair wages for work completed.

this company advertises on craigslist for drivers at 16.00/hr. when you sign up for this, the contract reads 10.95/hr plus 5.05/hr "compensation". the compensation is for using your cell phone for company business. this means they can abuse your phone bill because you signed a contract. eric and rod both should be in jail.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/26/2011 02:58 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/wedriveu/burlingame-California-/wedriveu-they-advertise-on-craigslist-1600hr-for-driving-and-then-want-you-to-sign-a-c-781581. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on wedriveu

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Your story doesn't ring true

AUTHOR: FHB - ()

Did you get access to drinking water ??? I didn't !!!

Did you work 12 hours a day & get paid for 8 hours ??? I did !!!

Did you get paid on payday like you were told you would ??? I didn't !!!

Did you take a drug test & Medical exam before starting the job ??? I didn't !!!

Nor did my coworkers.

Did your employer take or keep any personal property with out paying for it or returning it to you ??? Mine did !!!

I do wish you luck when they decide the employer is more valuable then you

Fair wages for work completed.

AUTHOR: Jim - (United States of America)

I have accepted their terms, and have worked under them. I have also worked for companies who did not consider my personal number a compensate asset and provided it to employees as primary contact for our worksite. The contract I was offered included $0.50 per hour for phone usage, an hourly wage(which overtime is applied to) and an hourly rate of included tip... this is an extremely fair situation for the amount of work required. I am satisfied with my relationship and quite happy to find this opportunity. It is similar to other chauffeur contracts I have worked in the past with other organizations in other states(I'm currently working for the burlingame office in Ca.). I was also provided a Nextel radio for use during work, which is industry standard. I don't see how one could consider this a scam, you are expected to have solid mobile communication, dependable transportation to the site, and an appropriate suit(which I bought from goodwill for about $13 including shoes).