Complaint Review: Welk Resort San Diego

• Updated: Mon, December 16, 2013

• Reported By: John — San Diego California
Welk Resort San Diego
8860 Lawrence Welk Drive San Diego, Select State/Province USA

Welk Resort San Diego Lawrence Welk Resort Took 40 dollars from me to sign up, made me change the date I was coming, refuse to pay back. San Diego California

*UPDATE Employee: Welk Resort Response

I was at the San Diego County Fair. Was approached by an overwhelmingly nice guy who was trying to sell me and my wife on a timeshare tour at the Welk Resort in Escondido. He made it sound so good. Pay 40 dollars now, come to the tour and get your 40 dollars back AND you get a free trip to Hawaii, free San Diego Bay cruise, free Padres tickets etc. etc. just for coming to the tour. I was reluctant, he had his "manager" come by to convince me as well. I am in the navy, he told me how he was in the navy for years and really tried to bond with me. I told him as we talked for probably 30 minutes how skeptical and reluctant I was because it sounded to good to be true, but he insisted it was legit. I finally agreed and they charged my card 40 dollars. A week later I received a phone call from Welk Resorts informing me that the date I picked was overbooked and they had to change my date. I agreed because at the time I was free for the second date they were offering. Due to scheduling confilcts with my job I ended up having to go out to sea and couldnt make the second date. I also had been doing research about Welk since I was still skeptical and I read terrible review after terrible review about how much of a scam this place is. People not getting their prizes, making people wait for hours when they showed up for the tour, making them buy timeshares for way more expensive then what its actually worth. My gut instinct was true, I should have just walked away at the fair. I cant believe this guy used the military to bond with me and convince me. Between not being able to make the second date, and reading all the terrible reviews online, instead of rescheduling again I called and said I just wanted to cancel. I was informed that I signed the contract to show up to the tour, so I will not get my 40 dollars back until then. This company should be ashamed for scaming so many people, if it wasnt a scam then there wouldnt be so many negative reviews online. You guys changed the date on me first, I owe you guys nothing, so I just want my 40 dollars back. Im in the navy, im not rich, so 40 dollars means something to me.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/16/2013 12:35 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Welk-Resort-San-Diego/San-Diego-Select-StateProvince-92026/Welk-Resort-San-Diego-Lawrence-Welk-Resort-Took-40-dollars-from-me-to-sign-up-made-me-ch-1107421. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Welk Resort San Diego

Welk Resort Response

AUTHOR: Welk Resorts - ()

Dear Sir/Madam,

We regret you had an unfortunate experience with Welk Resort and I believe I can be of assistance. If you will contact me directly with your full name and phone numberr I will be able to locate you in our System and authorize a full refund of your $40. If indeed you have read reviews on YELP then you will have seen my name and email address before. We only wish you had contacted me directly. We take complaints seriously and work hard to resolve every single one. We are NOT a scam, and in fact have over 50,000 Very Happy Owners. We will respond to your email promptly.

Kind regards,