• Report: #193197

• Submitted: Thu, May 25, 2006
  • Updated: Thu, May 25, 2006

• Reported By:Central Point Oregon
Wells Fargo Financial Bank
www.wellsfargofinancialbank.com Las Vegas, Nevada U.S.A.
  • Phone: 800-247-9215
  • Web:
  • Category: Banks

Wells Fargo Financial Bank dishonest rep coaxed customer into spending savings to pay balance promising he could charge as before card was cancelled leaving customer broke Las Vegas Nevada

I have been a customer of Wells Fargo for 7 years. I pay off my credit card every year. I was behind on some of my payments this time due to a few bumps in the road this year. I have always made my payments on time before. I called to get a pay-off amount, which the customer service rep gave me, I paid off the entire balance of $2,225.32 and then several days later noticed that my credit card had expired. I called to have them send me a new one and they had closed my account the day I paid off the balance. Never once did the customer service rep mention that I could not use my card anymore. In fact, he led me to believe everything was perfectly fine.

I called to talk to a manager and he acted as though he was concerned and would personally take care of the situation himself. He called back several days later and left a message saying that there was nothing he could do.

This money was part of my tax return (a big part) and my 4 children still needed clothes and I had bills to catch up on. Thanks to Wells Fargo sneaky underhandedness, my kids did not get new shoes nor did the washing machine get fixed and we are still finding creative ways to make Ramen Noodle Soup look exciting.

Kevin
Central Point, Oregon

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/25/2006 01:59 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Wells-Fargo-Financial-Bank/Las-Vegas-Nevada-57117/Wells-Fargo-Financial-Bank-dishonest-rep-coaxed-customer-into-spending-savings-to-pay-bala-193197. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Wells Fargo Financial Bank