Complaint Review: Wells fargo

• Submitted: Thu, December 03, 2009
  • Updated: Thu, December 03, 2009

• Reported By: Erica Regretting Depaul — Aurora Illinois United States of America
Wells fargo
po box 5156 sioux falls, South Dakota United States of America

Wells fargo WellsFargo Student Loans Without Compassion sioux falls, South Dakota

I went out of state to say goodbye to my grandfather and when I got back, I found two bills from Wells Fargo Education Financial Services. They seem consecutive- the first, due date 10/31 shows Payment Due $21.10 and a passed due fee of $10.06 - Total Due $31.16. The next bill shows due 12/01 (so it seems consecutive) but Total Due is $241.43. It shows Current Payment Amount 170.27 (although previous bill shows $31.16) plus Passed Due 71.16 and Late Fees $66.06. So it seems I've screwed up but I've sent payment after payment and kept tally so I have no idea where this passed due came from. So the first bill I received says "If you cannot make a payment now, please call 877-599-6787 to talk to one of our representatives. They are ready to help you..." so I was hopeful one of the representatives could help.

I called today Dec 2, I didn't catch his name but the representative went on to explain that the 71 dollars are from a late fee in July that I've been "carrying. [continued below]....

....." Where was this explained to me? Why wouldn't it have been noted in the bill saying my total amount due at the end of October is 31 dollars? I go on to ask for some compassion; there is no explanation on paper where the extra fees are coming from. I cannot find a reasonable explanation for there to be an addition of a fee from 4 months ago listed in the December bill but not in any of the previous bills. I asked the representative for some help, told him I cannot be set back so far, its just going to make things worse for me. I asked for some customer service, the company has never one reversed anything for me and the representative just kept explaining the fee is from July and I have to pay for it but cannot give me a reason why the company would decide to add the fee from July on the December bill. -- I thought with the company merger, that Wellsfargo might focus more on customer service (this is not the first issue I've had with them) but it hasn't changed anything. Just some more rich people making money off the poor. Sometimes I think I'd be in a better place to have not gone to college. I'd be better off at McDonalds on welfare.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/03/2009 01:37 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Wells-fargo/-sioux-falls-South-Dakota-57117-5156/Wells-fargo-WellsFargo-Student-Loans-Without-Compassion-sioux-falls-South-Dakota-533092. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Wells fargo