Complaint Review: Wells Fargo

• Submitted: Sat, October 29, 2011
  • Updated: Sun, October 30, 2011

• Reported By: Margaret — Salisbury North Carolina United States of America
Wells Fargo
101 N. Independence Mall East Philadelphia, Pennsylvania United States of America

Wells Fargo Incorrect Garnishment, Unjust Fines/Fees, Unprofessional/Harassing Customer Service East Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

*Consumer Comment: This report is lacking a lot of detail

*Consumer Comment: If I read your Ripoff Report correctly, Wells Fargo

Wells Fargo garnished my checking account/savings account/daughter's savings account without even contacting me, the customer. Firstly, the garnishment should not have occurred at all, but more importantly, had Wells Fargo contacted me, its customer, before incorrectly applying the garnishment, all of this would have been avoided.

Due to this unjust/incorrect garnishment, Wells Fargo charged my accounts several fines/fees. In the end, after it was proven the garnishment should not have been applied by Wells Fargo, Wells Fargo still would not add back all of the fines/fees it had unjustly/incorrectly deducted from my accounts. I've asked many times.

Additionally, in my attempt to resolve this issue caused by Wells Fargo, I contacted the Legal Department in Philadelphia (which is why I chose that address for this report). I called at the opening hour of business and still held for an hour. When I finally received a human, she was rude, unprofessional and uncaring. Her behavior was not an escalated one; she started our conversation in that tone. Furthermore, she accepted no responsibility on Wells Fargo's behalf; she put all blame on me and told me, in no uncertain terms, that I must fix it. She helped none at all.

Wells Fargo should not have garnished my account. It should not have fined me at all, and, therefore, should have returned all of that money to my account, putting my account back to the way it was prior to the Wells Fargo mistake. Finally, Wells Fargo should not allow/train its employees to be so incredibly unprofessional. It should put its clients first.

Wells Fargo can keep its apology and its accounts. I simply want my (and my daughter's) money back.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/29/2011 10:42 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Wells-Fargo/East-Philadelphia-Pennsylvania-19106/Wells-Fargo-Incorrect-Garnishment-Unjust-FinesFees-UnprofessionalHarassing-Customer-S-793364. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Wells Fargo

This report is lacking a lot of detail

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

There is not enough information here to know if you should or should not have had your funds taken.  But the one reason you were not notified before is because if you were, the first thing you would have done is withdraw all the money out of your and your daughters account.  Which defeats the purpose of the garnishment.

As to the garnishment.  Why was it garnished?  Did you have a delinquent account with Wells Fargo?  Were you delinquent with another company?  Do you have any judgments against you?  Do you ever know about any lawsuits?  Also, you said this was you and your daughters account.  Are you on each others account?  If so it may actually be your daughter and not you that has the actual issues.

If Wells Fargo was issued a court order to attach your accounts they have no choice but to abide by the order.  It wouldn't matter if you had undeniable proof that the court order was wrong, until they hear from the courts that it is wrong they have to do what ever is in the order.  As for the fees that they are charging you, if this is a legal fee, that is a standard fee that banks charge when they have to execute court orders.  Generally this is in the $100 range, but could be more or less depending on the bank and/or situation.

If I read your Ripoff Report correctly, Wells Fargo

AUTHOR: Ken - (USA)

just picked your name out of a hat and much to your "surprise" garnisheed your accounts.

Is that just about the gist of it?

"Wells Fargo garnished my checking account/savings account/daughter's savings account without even contacting me, the customer."

Your position is they NEVER contacted you that your account was delinquent and needed to be paid?

The courts have to authorize garnisheements...what was the reason WF gave them?

Oh, right, it was a lie.

For them to take this action, there must have been serious problems with your account.

If what I've posted is all untrue, you have a solid case for a lawsuit against Wells Fargo....but if it is true and you embellished this ROR a "little", get over it.

hang