Complaint Review: Wells Fargo

• Reported By: Lee — Los Angeles California United States of America
Wells Fargo
15760 Ventura Blvd Encino, California United States of America

Wells Fargo They stole over $100k from my safety deposit box Encino, California

*Consumer Comment: LEE, PLEASE GIVE US AN UPDATE REGARDING THE MONEY THAT WAS STOLEN FROM YOUR WELLS FARGO SAFETY DEPOSIT BOX....

*Consumer Comment: Um...

*Consumer Comment: Lee, I'm sorry....

*Consumer Comment: Lee, Most of the banking system in the USA is corrupt. Especially the banks that are...

*Consumer Suggestion: Few questions

*Consumer Comment: Lee, You can contact the FBI...

I have a safety deposit box at Wells Fargo where I kept over $100k.  On Thursday 10/28/10 I went to access my box only to find out that it was empty.  No one else had signed my sign in sheet which leaves me to believe that this is an inside job.

About a month and a half prior on 9/11/10 I had new keys made for my box because the box was getting hard to open.  I find this too big of a coincidence.  I heard from a few people that safe deposit box in particular are easy to duplicate.

Everyone else in the bank has access to the other key required to open the box, and there are no cameras in the vault (which i find unbelievable!!).

When I found out my money was missing I was obviously upset.  Three members of the bank came over to talk me through it.  It has only been a week and two of the three that were there have already transfered to other branches.  Also the representative helping me with the new keys was unavailable because she's been on a leap of absence for who knows how long.

It has been a week now, and I haven't found an attorney willing to take on this case.  I am devastated right that my life savings that I worked so hard for has been stolen, and I'm not sure exactly what to do.  I have already filed a police report.  Any advice anyone has would be appreciated.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/04/2010 01:59 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Wells-Fargo/Encino-California-91436/Wells-Fargo-They-stole-over-100k-from-my-safety-deposit-box-Encino-California-658305. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Wells Fargo

AUTHOR: Karl - (USA)

when you get a chance, okay?

Um...

AUTHOR: Just a normal guy - (United States of America)

I'd be willing to bet your safe box contract specifically states NOT to keep cash in your safe deposit box.

1: How do you prove there was money in there, especially if it would be a violation of yourcontract to keep cash there in the first place.

2: Banks DO NOT witness what you put in there, or at least they're not supposed to. Did anyone see you put stuff in thebox? If so, then that's a whole newcan of worms.

3. The bank I work for (NOT Wells) does NOT have any key to a client's safe box. We keep teh guard key (the "master" that always has to be put in) but that key WILL NOT OPEN the box without one of your keys with it, and they do NOT keep additional keys. I am not sure how you had new keys made, but if they indeed went in there, have details prepared as to how they would have acquired another key. Without YOUR key, the box has to be drilled, and I find it hard to believe enough collusion in the branch could have occurred to have a drilling arranged for no reason at all, unless you are delinquent on your safe box payment.

There's more to this story, I think. I'm not saying someone couldn't have stolen your money, but it's not as easy as you seem to think it would be.

Lee, I'm sorry....

AUTHOR: Karl - (USA)

that I forgot to include one other documentary that you might want to watch on the web.

*Simply 'Google' this- THE ASCENT OF MONEY PBS, and watch the two episodes entitled- "From Bullion to Bubbles" and "Bonds of War".

P.S. A cancer has spread throughout our entire economy and throughout the land known as the United States of America. It is now affecting economies all over the world. The 'cancer' that I'm referring to can be summed up in one word:

Greed.

AUTHOR: Karl - (USA)

publicly held and listed on the stock exchange.

You can 'Google' this- BANK EXECUTIVES PROFITING ON THE DEATH OF EMPLOYEES, and read the article that says Wells Fargo has $17 Billion in secret life insurance policies on its employees.

Then 'Google' this- WELLS FARGO COMPLAINTS SECRET LIFE INSURANCE POLICIES, and read that article too.

Isn't it interesting that the Federal Reserve just announced this week that it was going to inject $600 BILLION into the banks?

*It's just further proof that the U.S. government and much of our economy is being controlled by a 'cartel' of bankers known as the Federal Reserve, in my opinion.

***Make sure to 'Google' the following and watch them on the web for more proof of who really controls America-

FRONTLINE: THE WARNING

FRONTLINE: INSIDE THE MELTDOWN

YOUTUBE FALL OF THE REPUBLIC

AMERICA: FREEDOM TO FASCISM

Good luck to you, and I hope you get your money.

P.S. Make sure to read Jim's Ripoff Report. Just type in 453956 and that will take you to it. He can't get his $100,000 CD from Wells Fargo that he took out for his grandchildren's college education.

#5 Consumer Suggestion

Few questions

AUTHOR: Exemployee18 - (USA)

How long had it been since you last went into your safe deposit box?  Normally if you don't pay your safe deposit box rental fee they can lock your box up for a while and then send in the items within the box to unclaimed property for your state.  I would recommend going online to your state's unclaimed property and seeing if you have anything there.  If that happened they would of had to drill the boxes and that takes a while.  You might want to check with who told you that it is easy to duplicate safe deposit box keys.  I promise you it is not.  No locksmith can even duplicate those keys without special equipment and most of the people who have that equipment are security companies.

Also it should be pretty obvious that someone would walk out of there with $100K.  At most that is 10 straps of 100s and my guess is you did not have that strapped so they would have had to put that money in their pockets which would have stuck out.  Even if you had it strapped that is still a lot of straps to conceal.  Even though the branch does not have cameras in there I guarantee you they have cameras pointed at the vault which means they can monitor anything at anytime.  But safe deposit boxes are the bank's liability not yours.  If you claim that an item is missing you need to notify the bank and then it is the banks responsibility to make sure all operations were followed and that they will investigate I pomise you.

Good luck to you I know this must suck

Lee, You can contact the FBI...

AUTHOR: Karl - (USA)

and get them involved, as well as filing a Police report.

You could contact all of the Investigative Reporters at all of your local News stations too. Contact your Attorney General also.

Maybe you should take it a step further by releasing all of this to the web site WikiLeaks. The best thing that you can do is expose your problem to as many people in the USA and around the world as possible.

Let everyone see that the banks in the USA are not as safe as most people believe. Make sure to read Jim's Ripoff Report regarding the $100,000 CD that he took out for his grandchildren's college education with Wells Fargo that is gone.

*Just type in 453956 and that will take you to his Ripoff Report.

Good luck and keep us posted.

P.S. There was an interesting Ripoff Report at the MORGAN STANLEY page of this site that mentioned "safety deposit boxes". I believe it's Ripoff Report #658296.
*Just type in 658296 and you can read it.