Complaint Review: Weltman,Weinberg & Reis

• Submitted: Fri, February 22, 2013
  • Updated: Fri, February 22, 2013

• Reported By: Shikara Kimbrough — Oberlin Ohio United States of America
Weltman,Weinberg & Reis
323 Lakeside ave suite 200 cleveland,oh 44113 cleveland, Ohio United States of America

Weltman,Weinberg & Reis Weltman,Weinberg & Reis are Common day Crooks. cleveland, Ohio

In 2006 I started paying on my past due debt with Weltman, Weinberg, and Reis. I was quoted $3820.06 plus 22% interest and I also pulled my credit and that balance matched so I had no argument.  So, after I had been paying on this for a few years I assumed I was all paid off or hopefully close to it and called in to request my balance  which was over $5000.00 I was in total shock  that balance was higher than the one I started with. So I called them back and no one there could explain why my balance was still so high. So I stopped paying because I wanted some answers so they then tried to garnish my wages and we went to court, then Weltman, Weinberg, & Reis advised me that all the money that I gave them was applied to other fees not the principal and on top of that because they didnt apply any of my money to the principal balance they applied more interest on top of that because they didnt apply any of my hard earned money to my principal balance.

I feel as if this company doesnt care about humanity or ethics. Weltman, Weinberg, and Reis have ruined my credit so bad.  Im pretty sure they purchased this account for pennies on the dollar then inflated the amount. I dont make much money and Weltman, Weinberg, and Reis are the worst company I have ever dealt with, in this economy you would think they would appreciate that someone actually tried to pay their debt because a lot of other people cannot. I have paid them a total of  $5378.00 and now they want another $5000.00 or so on a debt that was $3820.06 that is just not fair, and if thats not a  law, then it should be, And on top of that they want to garnish my wage again on a debt I already paid them.  How will anyone ever get ahead in life with a company like Weltman, Weinberg, and Reis?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/22/2013 03:21 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/WeltmanWeinberg-Reis/cleveland-Ohio-44113/WeltmanWeinberg-Reis-WeltmanWeinberg-Reis-are-Common-day-Crooks-cleveland-Ohio-1018768. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Weltman,Weinberg & Reis