Complaint Review: West Alabama TV Cable

• Updated: Tue, November 17, 2009

• Reported By: JM — Hamilton Alabama United States of America
West Alabama TV Cable
416 Bexar Ave W Hamilton Hamilton, Alabama United States of America

West Alabama TV Cable WATVC has horrible -cable -technical support - customer service. Hamilton, Alabama

*Author of original report: Much better service now

I live on the outskirts of Hamilton, and unfortunately I have to use West Alabama TV Cable for my internet. I have had to use this company for the past 5 years (on and off, because if I moved, and was able to get Century-tel service, I did). This is not an individual issue that I have had with this company, but 6 years worth of issues I have had with them. My first complaint is the actual internet service that I receive from them.

The past six months we've had service this last time, our modem randomly drops connection between midnight and 7am. Now, this would seem like a minor problem, and could possibly be fixed by replacing the modem. I have called technical support (which is a call center preforms technical support for multiple ISPs' customers). I have probably placed about 10 trouble tickets with this call center, and have only received one call-back from the actual technical, which told me not to use technical support if we had a problem. [continued below]....
..... He then told me that the problem was a signal issue, and it would probably start working in a few days. It is been over two weeks since I called the last time, hoping that my service will start working; well over the deadline that the technician gave us for it to be fixed. My internet still randomly goes out during the early morning hours. Technicians wont come out here or even call me.

When I had service the time before this, I kept calling and calling, and finally I got hold of 'Sue', which proceeded to tell me that the technician would not call me because I have a Mississippi phone number, and it would be long distance. So now I have my roommate's phone number on my account just for safety...

I am not trying to slander this company. I just want my internet service fixed.

We don't have any other options for internet service, or I would definitely switch in a heart beat. I call other providers every month, seeing if they have expanded service to our house, but no luck with that. West Alabama TV Cable should have a higher standard, instead of just taking advantage of them being the only internet provider to the outskirts of Hamilton.

Either lower the rates or fix my internet.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/17/2009 07:29 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/West-Alabama-TV-Cable/Hamilton-Alabama-35570/West-Alabama-TV-Cable-WATVC-has-horrible-cable-technical-support-customer-service-Ham-525111. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on West Alabama TV Cable

Much better service now

AUTHOR: JM - ()

Over the past few years, I have actually started to see my service improve. The company seems to have done a pretty significant turnaround since I posted. There are occasional issues, and I understand that will happen with any company. The only complaint would be that they should offer more internet options as well as competitive pricing.