Complaint Review: west bay acquisitions

• Reported By: Stephanie C — Alexandria Virginia United States of America
west bay acquisitions
PO Box 8009 Cranston, Rhode Island United States of America

west bay acquisitions Hollywood Video false claim Cranston, Rhode Island

Like several other people I see on this site, I received a letter over the weekend from West Bay Acquisitions LLC stating I owe $31.84 to Hollywood Video for unreturned video games and dvd rentals from May 2009.  I found this strange, because Hollywood Video never told me I had accrued any late fees, and I certainly do not have these items in my possession.  I googled West Bay Acquisitions and found all of the complaints here as well as an article in the LA Times dated 2/20/2012 about this.

Every claimant disputes the charges, as do I.  I called WBA and spoke with Joe Santos.  He told me he would mark the account as "disputed" and that I did not have to send the dispute in writing, which is contrary to what the letter requires.  I am sending them a dispute letter anyhow, to cover myself.  Initially, I was just going to pay the $31.84 as not to chance messing up my credit, but then I saw all of the other disputes and decided against sending them anything.  I do not have these items, and I will not pay for them.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/14/2012 08:07 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/west-bay-acquisitions/Cranston-Rhode-Island-020920/west-bay-acquisitions-Hollywood-Video-false-claim-Cranston-Rhode-Island-882389. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on west bay acquisitions