Complaint Review: west side transport

• Updated: Sat, January 11, 2014

• Reported By: Jonathan — riverton Illinois
west side transport
4201 16 th ave. sw cedar rapids, Iowa USA

west side transport kept me from seeing my mother before she had heart surgury cedar rapids Iowa

*General Comment: Really....

Early this week the company put out a message asking for drivers to work the weekend. I did not volunteer to work. I informed my driver manager that in fact I could not work the weekend because my mother was having heart surgery. I was planned on a load that would take me home. that plan was canceled and it is now saturday afternoon and I am still not home. in fact I am being forced in the wrong direction. This company has no respect for the needs of it's employees.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/11/2014 01:41 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/west-side-transport/cedar-rapids-Iowa-52404/west-side-transport-kept-me-from-seeing-my-mother-before-she-had-heart-surgury-cedar-rapi-1114803. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on west side transport

#1 General Comment

Really....

AUTHOR: Tyg - ()

Its unfortunate that you have a job. Its unfortunate that you have to miss your mothers surgery. But it IS YOUR job. If they couldnt swing giving you the time off then you have to deal with it. Their job is not to care about YOUR personal issues. Their job is transportantion. If you did not secure the time off ahead of time, then whos fault is it. Most companies, even transportation companies, will give you time off if you have scheduled it ahead of time. As a surgery is NORMALLY set 3-4 weeks ahead of a visit, you should have had ample time to secure this time off. Reguardless of all that, its your job. If your job has asked you to work, then you work if you can. Its YOUR MOTHER having the surgery, not you. All you would be is moral support, and you wouldnt be able to do much besides sit in a waiting room for hours and hours. Why sit around waiting when you could be working and earning money. The time YOU need to be there is AFTER she has woken up and that could be the next day.

I understand that its your mommy but really?? Come on now, with as difficult as it is to find a job anymore why would you put yourself at risk by posting a negative review about your own company. Im sure your company like pretty much everyone out there has social media policies. You have broken those policies. I understand your upset but WHY TAKE THAT RISK!!! Unless you are trying to get fired, then this was the perfect move. I mean exactly how many driver do you think THAT company has whos employees mother is having a heart surgery TODAY? You might as well have worn a giant neon sign saying "it was me".

Complaining is natural, but you have to be careful. Even if it is true, its not your place to put THEIR issues out on the web. All you have done is put yourself at risk.