Complaint Review: Westcountry Windings

• Submitted: Thu, November 07, 2013
  • Updated: Thu, November 07, 2013

• Reported By: gdsm — Worcestershire
Westcountry Windings
Units 6 & 7 Kingstons Farm Matching Green Harlow Harlow, Select State/Province United Kingdom

Westcountry Windings Poor workmanship, rip off prices, rude & unhelpful Harlow Essex United Kingdom

Sent to rewind a stator of an offroad motorcycle. It came back with all plastic parts badly melted, poor soldering, resin spilt everywhere, bits broken off. Charged £80 for this awful work.

They agreed it was poor after seeing photos, despite them been happy to send it out. They said they had 'damaged it beyond another repair'. It was also never rewound and only one coil replaced. This is despite them charging me the full price for a stator rewing as advertised on eBay.

They sourced another used stator and rewound that. When it came back, the soldering on it was again poor. Dry joints. Solder droplets spilt in various places. Plastic parts again melted where they have made contact with the soldering iron. They used my old connections still covered in mud and soldered them to other wires midway down the main loom. They used heatshrink around these soldered joints but forgot to heat them up to shrink them. [continued below]....

..... Leaving the heat shrink loose. They then wrapped a whole roll of insulating tape around the main loom. The casing on the main loom was still muddy and therefore, by the time the stator arrived back in the post the insulating tape was already starting to peel back.

They offered a full refund and wasnt prepared to have another go at repairing it. Unfortunatly the conditions of the refund were that I send this stator back and they will send me the my origional stator back they damaged beyond repair. So basically before this all started, I had a 4 year old oem stator in repairable condition. After weeks off my bike they wanted me to then be happy with just getting a refund for what I paid them and a stator back in a non repairable condition.

They have refused to apolagise. They have refused to even answer my questions. I have given them reasonable time to help me out before filing this report. I also warned them I would do this if they didnt help me out.

Avoid this company if you value your time and quality of repairs.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/07/2013 02:50 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Westcountry-Windings/Harlow-Select-StateProvince-CM17-0RB/Westcountry-Windings-Poor-workmanship-rip-off-prices-rude-amp-unhelpful-Harlow-Essex-1097590. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Westcountry Windings