Complaint Review: Western Canada Sweepstakes Lottery - Free Lotto Promotion Program

• Submitted: Sat, March 03, 2007
  • Updated: Sat, March 03, 2007

• Reported By:Marion Iowa
Western Canada Sweepstakes Lottery - Free Lotto Promotion Program
8008 Helmut Colett B.L Amsterdam, Netherlands

Western Canada Sweepstakes Lottery - Free Lotto Promotion Program I was sent fraudulent check from someone claiming I'd won Western Canada Lotto ripoff Amsterdam Netherlands

I was just mailed a check and a letter claiming that I'd won the Western Canada Sweepstakes Lottery/Free Lotto Promotion Program. DO NOT CASH THEIR CHECK, YOU WILL BE OUT MORE MONEY IF YOU DO!!! They gave me a ticket number, and there was also a file number in Bold Red.
They had also sent me a check for $2600 to pay for all the tax and service charges regarding my winnings. It said that the lump sum of $120,000 would be delivered as soon as the payments were completed. It then stated, "To begin your claim, all North American Winners should contact the international claim Agent, at 1-604-721-9493 for directives on Validation/Remittance procedures."

Adviced by my husband and other family members I came to ripoffreport.com to check it out. I've noticed that a lot of people are getting the exact same letter and a check from different companies (free lotto promotions). Most of them being from somewhere in Canada.

I also looked on the internet to verify the phone number on the check. My check has STATE FARM MUTUAL AUTOMOBILE INSURANCE COMPANY from Murfreesboro, TN as the sponsor. The phone # was actually from Lantzville, British Columbia. The phone # from the letter was from Vancouver, British Columbia.
U.S. Bank from East Grand Forks, MN was also printed on the front of the check.

We are not going to do anything with the check except show and warn people not to fall into this Scam. This huge fraudulent ring with all these different company names and fake sponsors needs to be shut down!!

Melinda
Marion, Iowa

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/03/2007 11:05 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Western-Canada-Sweepstakes-Lottery-Free-Lotto-Promotion-Program/Amsterdam-/Western-Canada-Sweepstakes-Lottery-Free-Lotto-Promotion-Program-I-was-sent-fraudulent-ch-238036. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Western Canada Sweepstakes Lottery - Free Lotto Promotion Program

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC