Complaint Review: Western Horizons Resorts

• Submitted: Mon, August 10, 2009
  • Updated: Mon, August 17, 2009

• Reported By:Flower Mound Texas
Western Horizons Resorts
103 West Tomichi Avenue, P. O. Box 430 Gunnison, Colorado U.S.A.

Western Horizons Resorts Broken Promises: No Buy-Out as Promised, Fraudulent Claims Gunnison Colorado

* : Westrn Horizons Resorts

In February, 2008, our RV was parked in a public parking lot in Cottonwood, Arizona. My companion was looking for a job in that area. A representative from the nearby Camp Verde RV Resort solicited us, offering temporary free camping if we listened to their sales pitch for membership. She had us move our RV to their site, but we were not impressed by their initial sales pitch.

Their salesman began to make promises. We were interested on strictly monthy rates, which he said were part of the package. But the main reason we signed the contract was because he promised we could break the contract at any time if we were not satisfied. We made him fully aware that we were not from that area, and we would sooner or later return to Texas. He assured us that Western Horizons Resorts, while the main offices were in Gunnison, Colorado, had affiliates all over the United States, and our home state of Texas was included.

I wrote a check for over $3,700.00 with the agreement that we would pay $103.00 for two years in addition to $379.00 for "annual maintence fees" and $2,000 during the second year for additional membership fees if we did not recruit a new member. This was all for a five-year membership. We were guaranteed free parking in any of their parks, with "minimal" fees if we stayed in any of their asoociates' parks.

We left Arizona a few weeks later. I was no longer with my friend who had ownership of the RV. He tried to park the RV in one of their associates' parks in Mansfield, Texas, but was told that there was no monthly rates. Only daily, and he would have to move the RV on weekends.

As he began to learn more about Western Horizons, the more we realized that this membership would not work for us. I began to call Western Horizons to receive a Buy-Out but was given the royal run-around. This went on for many months. I called many, many times but was always told they 'would have to review my account" and get back with me, which they never did.

I ceased the monthly payments in September, 2008. Now, Western Horizons tells me they cannot offer a Buy-Out because I am delinquent! I called the Collection Manager, Deena Buffington, and was actually screamed at because I wanted to talk about the problems I was having with Western Horizons Resorts. She is now threatening to sue me for Breaking the Contract.

I will never recommend this company in any way. All they care about is extracting money, and they will NOT offer Buy-Outs as promised.

O. J. l
Flower Mound, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/10/2009 06:20 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Western-Horizons-Resorts/Gunnison-Colorado-81230/Western-Horizons-Resorts-Broken-Promises-No-Buy-Out-as-Promised-Fraudulent-Claims-Gunnis-478256. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Western Horizons Resorts

#1

Westrn Horizons Resorts

AUTHOR: ojl_4@msn.com - (U.S.A.)

Please correct title to "Western Horizon Resorts" Broken Promises, etc.....