Complaint Review: western international university

• Submitted: Thu, August 16, 2012
  • Updated: Fri, August 17, 2012

• Reported By: PissedOffStudent — Broken Arrow Oklahoma United States of America
western international university
9215 North Black Canyon Highway phoenix, Arizona United States of America

western international university I left the school 1 month in and now I owe $5000.00 phoenix, Arizona

*UPDATE Employee: Grievance Process

I signed up for WIU in 2005, I was working part-time, and a pregnant single Mom. I started classes in August 2005, had my Daughter in July. Shortly after we had to move out of state and back in with my parents. I called the school, told them that I was having family issues and needed to stop attending for a while to get them resolved.

This, mind you, is after Federal Student Loans of about 4000.00 had already been paid to them.

A month goes by and we are still homeless. I called the school again and said I need to quit permanently. I had not even finished the first round of classes.

Years later (present day) I am paying off this 4000.00 debt, so that I can return to school, and I get a call from a collection agency representing WIU saying I owe them an additional 1700.00.

Whhhhhat!?

Apparently, they had charged a "tuition fee". So, on top of the student aid they received for me, including a cal grant and a pell grant, I owe them 1700.00. And I didn't even finish the first round of classes.

I am completely shocked.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/16/2012 02:56 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/western-international-university/phoenix-Arizona-/western-international-university-I-left-the-school-1-month-in-and-now-I-owe-500000-phoe-928283. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on western international university

Grievance Process

AUTHOR: Uofphoenix - (U.S.A.)