Complaint Review: western mercantile

• Updated: Tue, August 28, 2012

• Reported By: chet — coos bay Oregon United States of America
western mercantile
165 S.5th st coos bay, Oregon United States of America

western mercantile charged fees not applicable with case & garnished monies out of business account other people need. coos bay, Oregon

*Author of original report: Western Mercantile, questionable tactics

on Aug 12 1012 we deposited an amout of $5500 in our small business account. on Aug 17th it dissapeared during the time of myself doing payroll and account payables.  Not knowing where the garnishment came from.  Obviously, we now know where it came from.  The garnishment was from 2 yrs ago and was for a 5k medical bill.  we have paid $100 on time and religiously for the past 1 yr and 7 months.  I missed 7/2012 payment unintentionally of course, i received no phone call.  they inturn took almost every dime out of my business account (partnership)

when i have $1,600 in labor wages and $1,500 in material costs.  today, 8/21,2012 I contested the stealing of the monies, which i feel wasnt even the companies yet and i received a statement from the Judge (Bechtold) "sorry my hands are tied"  I responded, "your hands were not tied when you signed the judgement and tell my employees the same thing you just told me.  Western Mercantile also is trying to add fees, such as bank fees for finding my accounts.  they found my accounts the day they applied for a judgement and garnishment.

we have had the same bank for 20 years and have paid them out of those accounts.  What a crock of S>>t they were feeding the courts.  I have requested an itemized report from W.M..... of course theyll add whatever makes them more money.  Ohhh did i mention coming out of court I saw the woman representing W.M. driving a brand new chevy camero SS with custom plates. this is not done.  Im a reputable and popular person in the community that i live in and I will not stop until they can no longer practice business in oregon.  Any help and support will be appreciated. thank you.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/27/2012 11:54 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/western-mercantile/coos-bay-Oregon-97420/western-mercantile-charged-fees-not-applicable-with-case-garnished-monies-out-of-busine-933186. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on western mercantile

Western Mercantile, questionable tactics

AUTHOR: chet cunnington - (United States of America)

On 8/28/2012 I picked thru the legal propaganda papers from W.M. and the courts.  After adding, subtracting and digging deeper, I just realized they took $867.78 over the garnishment. Who gets held accountable for this? The bank? The courts? Western mercantile? Check this out:  Original judgement and garnishment: $5,688.71, Monies paid monthly since 4/2011 : $1,450.00

Monies garnished out of business on 8/12/2012: $5,106.49.  A first grader could do this math.  Unfortunately I was more concerned about how to pay employees and suppliers which made me overlook the details until now.  The monies paid monthly should have been $1,550.00  but theres a  check i wrote and mailed to W.M. on 7/20/2012 #5603 for $100.00 which SOMEHOW, SOME WAY,  was lost in the mail and as of today has not cleared yet none of the payments made since 4/2011 were "lost in the mail" .  So heres the magical questions:   Did the check in question really get lost? <or> did western mercantile accidentally forget to put the monies in the bank for financial gain and power with the courts and the garnishment against myself and my wife?  Boy, I guess if i was in their shoes, being unethical, have no concious, greedy, immoral and disrespectfull, I would probably "accidentally" leave the check laying on, or in my desk so i could have more power to access  bank accounts. YOU BE THE JUDGE.  Today I called them.  Of course I was directed straight to voicemail.  I respecfully reqested that they pay the overpayment back to me immediately and to call me as soon as they received my message.  I RECEIVED NO CALL BACK. (I would expect that from them).  As of now Im receiving overdraft fees due to the stunt pulled.  I guess its time for court again!  I will not lay on my back and accept any of these B.S. collection tactics.   Since the court hearing, Ive called, wrote and/or emailed the media, newspapers,  legislature, and senate.  With the peoples help we can or at least try to change the law so no individual in business can have their business accounts garnished unless the judgement is against the business due to business practices.  I never want to see another business person go thru what we are going thru.  We have better things to do (like run our businesses) rather than deal with theives and crooks that use the system as their own personal combination lock. Stay tuned,  hopefully the last report will be a conclusion.