Complaint Review: western union

• Updated: Sun, December 29, 2002

• Reported By:StateLine Ms
western union
StateLine, Mississippi U.S.A.

western union Ripped Off For Three Months With No Feed Back!

*UPDATE Employee: WU Money order?

During the month of June my husband and I purchased a moneyorder to pay our powerbill as normal. The local power company contacts serveral residents and tell us that someone put a firework inside the dropbox and blew it up.

We all had to repay our powerbill. I contacted my local postal service, which is where I purchased the money order in the amount of $116.00, she told me she would notify western union. This month makes four months since the incident occured. Meanwhile, we requested a phone number, we were told that there is none.

Please help us to find out if we've been ripped of by western union or the power company. We really need to know where our money is. We don't know what else to do. We have repaid the powerbill, which we don't know if it was paid already or not. Moneyorder #86286073825 purchased on 6-29-01.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/09/2001 12:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/western-union/StateLine-Mississippi-39362/western-union-Ripped-Off-For-Three-Months-With-No-Feed-Back-7053. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on western union

WU Money order?

AUTHOR: Christopher - (U.S.A.)

By your story it is a little unclear to me. Was this a Western Union money order? You said you bought the money order at the local postal service. The USPS? If it was a WU money order they can be traced and/or you can talk to a CSR by calling 1-800-999-9660.