Complaint Review: Western Union

• Reported By: wutook920.25 — Phoenix Arizona
Western Union
12500 Mt Belford Ave Englewood, Colorado USA

Western Union Held Refund for 2+ Months Englewood Colorado

I purchased a western union money transfer in the amount of $920.25 on May 29 2013 at a western union agent inside of a Safeway. The payment was stopped the next morning due to a problem with the receivers name on the transaction. I called the western union "customer service" hotline (1-800-325-6000) to see how to get my refund.

I was transferred 4 times before I was told I would not be able to recieve my refund at the location and that they would have to issue a refund check and have it sent to my address. Their reason was because the refund exceeded their maximum refund amount for their agent locations.

Two weeks passed and I still hadn't recieved my refund check in the amount of $920.25. I called the "customer service" hotline and spoke with a manager about getting an update on the progress of my check. He said I would have to send a letter to the Colorado western union and include a copy of my customer receipt and copy of my ID.

On July 3rd, I did not recieve the check and I did not recieve any correspondence from western union. I called them and spoke with a manager again to get a reason why they've had my check for over a month. He told me that they did not send the check because "they didn't know whether to include the service charge with the discount". He assured me that the check would be sent the next business day.

On July 7th I called to confirm that my check was sent out and on it's way to my address. I was assured the check was sent via mail and that it should arrive on or before July 22nd 2013.

This report was written on July 24th and I have not recieved my check. I called the western union legal department and they said they do not know why my check has not been sent out yet, but would make sure to have the correspondance department call me within 24 hours to update me on the progress of my refund.

I am not a weathy person, and I work extremely hard for my money.
$920.25 is a lot of money for me and I am extremely upset.
Never again will I deal with this company, and I strongly suggest no-one else does either.

It is July 24th and I still have not recieved my refund.

I will keep you updated.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/24/2013 08:46 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Western-Union/Englewood-Colorado-80112/Western-Union-Held-Refund-for-2-Months-Englewood-Colorado-1069888. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Western Union