Complaint Review: WESTGATE RESORTS

WESTGATE RESORTS
5625 W. Flamingo Rd. Las Vegas, Nevada USA

WESTGATE RESORTS CONTRACT CANCELLATION Las Vegas Nevada

*Consumer Comment: Westgate Las Vegas

On 6/9/13 my fiance and I were given a lavish presentation of WESTGATE RESORTS and promised all sorts of things, we made the mistake and signed the contract WITHOUT given a down payment! When I called on 6/21/13, to cancel the contract due to investigating further and being unhappy with locations, acommediations, and true cost of vacationing they said I couldn't due to over passing the 5 day grace period, which was left our of their lavish presentation, but if I never gave an inital monies towards the contract there is no complete purchase!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/21/2013 10:10 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/WESTGATE-RESORTS/Las-Vegas-Nevada-89103/WESTGATE-RESORTS-CONTRACT-CANCELLATION-Las-Vegas-Nevada-1060992. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on WESTGATE RESORTS

Westgate Las Vegas

AUTHOR: Prostang - ()

My wife and I also sat through the presentation in Las Vegas for Westgate Resorts and opted to buy.  We later decided that we were just not financially ready for this and looked into cancelling.  The five day rule is Nevada state law, and though I do not remember going over it, I sure did sign the purchase agreement which has the five day rule typed out in large bold lettering directly above my signature.

Unfortunately monies down at time of contract does nothing to void a contract.  People buy cars, houses, boats, motorcycles etc. on a daily basis with no monies down.  A contract with a promise to pay does not require any money down to be valid.

You can always try to sell your timeshare, or do like we are and test the waters, heck maybe it will be worth it in the long run.