Complaint Review: Westgate Resorts

• Phone: 800-925-9999
  • Web:
  • Category: Resorts

Westgate Resorts, Planet Hollywood Bait and Switch Ocoee Florida

I bought a floating ODD week 2-bedroom timeshare at the Planet Hollywood in Las Vegas from Westgate in November 2012. I was told by the Sales Agent that Planet Hollywood was one of the premier locations so my one week at Planet Hollywood would be equal to 2 weeks at other Westgage resorts. Before the sale was concluded, I was charged for an Interval Membership, which I have not received.

Response to my earlier inquires regarding when I would be assigned an Interval account, or when I would see this new week show up in my current Interval account, was that it will take a few months to process, as I bought a foreclosure and these timeshares take a little longer to process.

I called the Hilton (they are now managing Planet Hollywood) today and they told me that as I'm only a 3-night owner, Interval would not be issuing an account for me. WHAT? My Dayline Proposal and other documents did not indicate that I was purchasing a partial week. Yet, Westgate is now calling my attention to a document they claim states that I was purchasing a partial week! And the definition they are giving me today for the phrase they are referencing is different from what I was told by the Sales Agent at the time of purchase.

I will be retaining a lawyer for this one.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/10/2013 09:12 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Westgate-Resorts/Ocoee-Florida-34761/Westgate-Resorts-Planet-Hollywood-Bait-and-Switch-Ocoee-Florida-1057874. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Westgate Resorts