- Report: #1074331
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: Westgate Resorts
Westgate Resorts10000 Turkey Lake Rd Orlando, Florida USA
Westgate Resorts Westgate Resorts SALES TIME SHARE TO INTERNATIONALS TELLING LIES ABOUT THE DEAL Orlando Florida
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
1. September last year we where on our honeymoon in Florida and in Orlando coming from Brasil. We were invited to breakfast at Westgates Lakes Resort, where you get several tickets for the parks with a unbelievable discount. The sales manager persuaded (a lot could be said here) us to get an apartment at Blue Tree resorts at lakes burns vista for $7800 dollars.
2. We were informed that:
We had to make a down payment of $1174 dollars
We were going to pay monthly $135
And finally a biannual maintenance fee of $491,92.
In exchange, we would have a free week per year to use it plus great deals with interval international where we would get hotels reservations for cheap prices.
Obs: the sales manager and the real state lady gave us many pages sign and they would describe to us what the documents were. There was no time or even ability for us to read the entire documentation and to know all the details.
3. Now they are charging us for:
Maintenance fees that were not in the contract - $281
Reservation fees -$150
Plus for interval they are charging us $100+ per year to use which we were not told.
These fees are not in our papers. In recent conversations they had the courage to point out words in the contract such as "estimated" to justify the charges we are receiving right now. I could not believe it a
We are spending an enormous amount of money that we were not informed of. The who lead us in signing the papers were brazilians but all the papers were in English and in ridiculously small fonts.
I called them to ask them to take it away from us. That, even though,we have spent over $3000 dollars, we are willing to consider that money invested as our loss, if they just took it back. We know that if stop making the payments eventually they will get it from us - which we are asking in the first place.
I wanted to know the consequences of freezing these payments. Do you know? As international owners, would that harm our vacations in the States any how?
Thank you for any kind of response.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/08/2013 07:27 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Westgate-Resorts/Orlando-Florida-32819/Westgate-Resorts-Westgate-Resorts-SALES-TIME-SHARE-TO-INTERNATIONALS-TELLING-LIES-ABOUT-T-1074331. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.