barely

Complaint Review: westminster mint

• Submitted: Tue, February 01, 2011
  • Updated: Fri, March 01, 2013

• Reported By: worked for this mint — madison Wisconsin United States of America
westminster mint
madison, Wisconsin United States of America

westminster mint coinoffer.com I worked in there Madison office. the owner clay is from overseas use your money to invest off shore. after two months he will then send your coins. madison, Wisconsin

*Consumer Suggestion: report Westminster to BBB

*Consumer Comment: TERRIBLE Customer Service!

*Consumer Comment: 5 of 12?

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: False claims made by person claiming to be both a customer and a former employee!!

*Consumer Comment: I Too Worked For This Place

*Consumer Comment: I Too Worked For This Place

*Consumer Comment: Allied with Company

*Consumer Comment: Happy Customer

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Accusation by anonymous source is false

Mr. clay is the owner. He likes to get your money and use it to invest offshore. After 2 months by law he must send your coins or give your money back.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/01/2011 12:26 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/westminster-mint/madison-Wisconsin-/westminster-mint-coinoffercom-I-worked-in-there-Madison-office-the-owner-clay-is-from-o-689484. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on westminster mint

#1 Consumer Suggestion

AUTHOR: DontGetRippedOff - (United States of America)

I encourage all of the consumers who have been wronged by Westminster to report the company to Better Business Bureau. Please take 5 mins of your time to prevent this company from leading this unethical, integrity-lacking business and causing even more damage to innocent, unsuspecting customers.

#2 Consumer Suggestion

#3 Consumer Suggestion

#4 Consumer Suggestion

TERRIBLE Customer Service!

AUTHOR: Matt - (USA)

I have placed several orders with Westminster...they were VERY slow to ship...and the most recent order I was displeased with the quality of the products and wanted to return them within the 30 day return period.  All of a sudden they won't return my emails or calls.  I finally spoke with Ian Clay, the owner, (who has an accent at least, probably indicating he is from overseas as other posters claim) and he was terribly rude and refused to process the return.  I still wanted to order other products from them, but now they want to charge me $50 shipping for the same products I had shipped for $10!  I've already found another supplier that has the same products I want, goodbye Westminster & Ian Clay!

5 of 12?

AUTHOR: DontGetRippedOff - (United States of America)

How about we focus on the other 7, shall we? Or in your opinion it's ok to have, even 7, complaints about your company and try to prove some ridiculous point?

#7 REBUTTAL Owner of company

AUTHOR: Westminster Mint - (United States of America)

Five of the 12 complaints posted against Westminster Mint in this forum come from a person who claims to be both a wronged customer and a former employee with dark secrets about our company. The truth is that he recently applied for a job with us and his application was not accepted. Despite his obvious grievance and groundless claims made against our company we wish him well in his future job search. This is our final statement on this matter.

I Too Worked For This Place

AUTHOR: Dave - (U.S.A.)

I worked in their Plymouth, Mn. office. The Rep who worked in Madison, Wisc. who filed this initial report is telling the 100% truth. We had mountains of similar complaints in Mn. Very few repeat customers and they go thru Sales reps like water, because anybody honest with any integrity leaves quickly because they learn about the company's sordid activites very soon. Indeed, the owner is from overseas and I have been contacted by an FTC investigator about activities I witnessed at the Westminster Mint.

I Too Worked For This Place

AUTHOR: Dave - (U.S.A.)

Allied with Company

AUTHOR: DontGetRippedOff - (United States of America)

Clearly the comment above is written by a person who works for this company. Otherwise, it would be a tad too convenient to have a positive review left on the company. People don't tend to seek out negative reports about the company they do business with, just for the sake of writing a good word about it. I know how it works. You save your butt by pretending to be an objective consumer. There is a reason why Westminster has so many bad reviews. Don't fall for their scam and waste your money.

Happy Customer

AUTHOR: Mike H - (United States of America)

I have made several orders with Westminster and have had no problems. I'm pleased to see that
the company has taken the time to respond to this allegation. I think it is important that good companies defend their reputation.
Happy Customer Mike

#12 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Accusation by anonymous source is false

AUTHOR: Westminster Mint - (United States of America)

The accusation made by an anonymous source claiming to be a former employee of our branch office in Madison, WI is untrue. Westminster Mint is an ethical company with an excellent reputation in the industry and has an A+ rating from the Better
Business Bureau.  We ask customers buying on the Internet to allow up to 2 weeks for delivery.

According to the third party fulfillment company who handles our shipping and insurance 91% of all orders placed in 2010 were shipped within 7 business days.