Complaint Review: Westwood College O'Hare

Westwood College O'Hare
8501 W Higgins Rd #100 chicago, Illinois USA

Westwood College O'Hare not credited college BEWARE chicago Illinois

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Concerning accreditation and loans

i attended westwood college and graduated in 2010 and received my bachelors degree in criminal justice. at the time i was there we were told that we were accredited and we will be fine. i was paying loans even when i was attending westwood. when i started getting payment books to payback the loans and saw the high monthly payments i went to the financial aid in the 5th floor, one of the finalcial aid lady told me to call them (sallie mae) and not bring it to them. they told me my issue was with the lender (sallie Mae) not westwood. the proffessors where all Chicago/illinois state cops and as students we asked them if its true about westwood college being a ripoff, they said no youll be fine! now im here at 28 years old with a worthless degree and over 85 thousand dollars in debt. i dont know what to do. i tried to sue them but my lawyer told me it was worthless... the only thing ill get from the lawsuit is slapping westwood on the wrist. to all looking for a school to go please avoid westwood college ohare campus or any westwood campuses around the chicago land area. lisa madigan filed a lawsuit against westwood college and i never heard anything from that. if any student attended westwood college in illinois and are in the same situation as me you not the only one. i dont know what to anymore... the loans i acquired from westwood is my mortage my car loan, all the bad things that keep u down. please seriously avoid this school everyday i gotta wake up with a dozen missed calls from sallie mae and ECMC its sad but true. any help is welcome.

thanks

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/03/2014 08:06 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Westwood-College-OHare-/chicago-Illinois-60631/Westwood-College-OHare-not-credited-college-BEWARE-chicago-Illinois-1128054. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Westwood College O'Hare

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Concerning accreditation and loans

AUTHOR: Andy - ()

I work for Westwood college in the admissions department. I need to correct you on several different accounts. First of all, about us not being accredited. Yes, we are accredited, and always have been. How do you think you were able to recieve the loans and grants and financial aid funds if we were not accredited. There are many types of accreditation out there. All colleges are not accredited by the same place. Second of all..regarding the student loans. They were correct in where they told you to go. I too have student loans from the Art Institute. They are PLUS loans I took out for my daughter. I know a few things about the loans. They do work with me. I have needed and taken several forbearances that have made it really easy to afford the loans. I had a decrease in salary and they adjusted my loans to reflect that decrease. My daughter graduated in 2010 also and my loans are thru Sallie Mae, (one was taken by the gov't one remains with Sallie Mae). Both are managed by the same people so I can work them together. It has been my experience that Sallie Mae does not call a dozen times a day, and if they are calling, try calling them back. You are probably on your way to default, and need to have them send you the paperwork so they can work with you.  On the teachers who were cops...really? first of all teachers...second of all law enforcement officers...lied to you? I have a really hard time believing that. On taking it to an attorney to see if you could sue..There is probably a really good reason the attorney would not take the case. There wasn't anything that was done wrong. If there was wrongdoing, he would have taken the case in a heart beat. Attorneys typically do not take cases they cannot win. Based on my experience, I have a really difficult time believing this story. Also, Westwood offers ongoing grad. placement, I would suggest you go back to the school, and talk to the employment specialist and start going back out on interviews and try to get placed. Use the education you are paying for. We have a fine program, and I personally have seen a tremendous amount of success from our criminal justice program where I work.