Complaint Review: What's On The Las Vegas Guide

• Updated: Mon, July 29, 2013

• Reported By: coreytan — Las Vegas Nevada
What's On The Las Vegas Guide
101 Convention Center Drive, Suite P119, Las Vegas Las Vegas, Nevada USA

What's On The Las Vegas Guide, Whats On Cowboy Radio LLC, Kellogg Media Holdings Breech of contract Las Vegas Nevada

I am a freelance journalist. In 2009, I wrote two articles for the "What's On: The Las Vegas" magazine and website for the contracted upon fee of $300 each. Not long afterwards, the parent company, Kellogg Media, went bankrupt and I never saw a dime of the money I was owed. Here is the filing that mentions my name: http://media.lasvegassun.com/media/pdfs/blogs/documents/2009/11/25/kellogg1125.pdf

OK, that sucked. Ten hours of original, researched work for nothing. But it's happened before. Que sera and life goes on.

Just now, however, I discovered that Kellogg Media sued its former owner, David Peeler, for misappropriation of funds in 2001: www.vegasinc.com/news/2011/oct/11/tourist-publications-owner-sues-former-ceo-over-al/

So, the same new owners -- who may or may not operated under an LLC called Whats On Highway Radio -- potentially received money from Peeler. Also, they're building their current website -- now based at 101 Convention Center Drive, Ste. P119 -- on the name created by the former magazine/website. ("For nearly 60 years, What's On, The Las Vegas Guide has been a Sin City resource," reads its home page.)

I know how bankruptcy protection works -- that I don't have a legal leg to stand on. However, I think I have a moral one, isnce this company is still alive and producing the same product.

I have emailed "What's On" through its website, asking that they have the decenty to settle with me. If you are still reading this report here, and there's no addendum from me telling you that they did the right thing, then they haven't.

Until they do, I ask that you not visit or do business with this website in any way. Also, if you know someone who works for it, let them know that you saw this.

Thanks!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/29/2013 09:50 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Whats-On-The-Las-Vegas-Guide/Las-Vegas-Nevada-89134/Whats-On-The-Las-Vegas-Guide-Whats-On-Cowboy-Radio-LLC-Kellogg-Media-Holdings-Breech-o-1070946. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on What's On The Las Vegas Guide