Complaint Review: Whirlpool

• Reported By: Priscilla — Atoka Oklahoma
Whirlpool
P. O. Box 740094 Louisville, Kentucky USA

Whirlpool Service Contracts Extended Warranty SCAM Louisville Kentucky

*General Comment: How exactly???

I bought an extended warranty online for my Maytag Dishwasher, paid the online price quoted using my credit card. Months passed with no warranty paperwork then I received a refund check for $110.00 with a notation the amount paid was insufficient to cover the warranty & if I still wanted to purchase a plan go online and submit new information with correct amount. I did so then deposited the refund check to my bank account. The check was reeturned nine days later marked "Refer to Maker" plus a $2.00 return fee charged to my account.

I phoned the number on the check 866-232-6211 and got a recording this was no longer a working number. I searched online for a Whirlpool Customer Service phone number. On  July 22, 2013, 3:05 p.m.,  I called Whirlpool Customer Service and spoke with Justin in billing he transferred me to Amanda (3:41 p.m.). Amanda took my information, spoke with her Supervisor then I was told they would look into the mater and contact me by Wednesday, July 24, 2013 but if I hadn't heard by late that day phone them for information. On July 25, 2013 9:53 a.m., I had heard nothing so phoned 866-368-6478. Michael transferred me to John who once again took all my information on the returned check put me on  hold then came back online and informaed me the company "Service Contracts" was no longer in business and Whirlpool had nothing to do with them as they were a third party company who handled extended warranties. He had no idea who I could contact about my recouping $110.00 plus $2.00 return fee.

Now I'm left holding a $110.00 bad check from a company Whirlpool contracts with and no idea of who to contact to get my money. For a company as large as Whirlpool this is unforgivable. I plan to contact Better Business Bureau then an attorney meanwhile, I wanted to alert other customers to be aware of this extended warranty scam which if Whirlpool isn't part of they are helping it by continuing to use such third party groups and without assisting their customers when contacted about the fraud.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/25/2013 08:45 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Whirlpool-/Louisville-Kentucky-40201-7494/Whirlpool-Service-Contracts-Extended-Warranty-SCAM-Louisville-Kentucky-1069966. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Whirlpool

#1 General Comment

How exactly???

AUTHOR: Tyg - ()

How exactly is whirlpool ripping you off?? Nearly 90% of all companies use a third party insurer. This is to protect the company from anyone claiming that the company had a personal stake in the warrenty and denied the claim because of that. If this company went out of business then how is it whirlpools fault?? Whirlpool is probably scrambling to get another insurance carrier. You paid 110$ for a warrenty. They gave you a check back. Cashing it may be a different story but Whirlpool has 0 to do with anything except the appliance. No wonder its taking so long for them to get bacvk to you. When a company goes out of business, oftimes you cant find anyone to contact.

Whirlpool hasnt ripped you off. The reason your check was returned is that the company is probably filing for bankruptcy. That would explain why your check didnt clear. The accounts are all frozen. Since you appear to be able to go online, I would suggest that you use the internet and get the information needed to cash that check. Check to see if the insurance company has a bankruptcy attorney. This will allow you to submit your check. But lets be perfectly clear here. WHIRLPOOL HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH EITHER THE CHECK OR THE REASON THE COMPANY THAT ISSUED IT IS OUT OF BUSINESS!!

This isnt a ripoff, this is a consumer bleating that the world isnt running perfectly to thier specs. Get off you a** and help yourself.