Complaint Review: Whirlpool

• Submitted: Sat, February 22, 2014
  • Updated: Sat, February 22, 2014

• Reported By: Tyler — Lake Grove New York
555 Benson Road Benton Harbor, Michigan USA

Whirlpool Faulty Whirlpool Duet Washer and lack of response from Customer Service Benton Harbor Michigan

Slightly more than three months after purchasing a Whirlpool Duet washer from Lowe's, the door became stuck shut after completing a cycle. A service call was placed and a technician arrived three days later, resulting in a costly trip to the laundromat in the interim. Door lock replaced, but technician noticed debris in our washer not from our house. Contacted Lowe's and they agreed to give us a new machine. Great, right? Not so much. Six days after taking delivery of the new appliance, the unit stopped working. Choosing any cycle, the machine would not start. Placed another service call and were advised to unplug the washer from the electrical outlet. Once the machine was plugged in again, it started working. However, we opted to return the machine by taking advantage of Lowe's 7 day return policy. However, now we are faced with replacing a washer that was purchased on sale at a significant discount.

Although Consumer Reports rated this machine a "Best Buy", an exceedingly large number of recent reviews finds people who strongly advise against purchasing this model. While we thought the design, ease of use and features of the machine are all quite good, the actual performance of the machine (when it works) is subpar. The Cold cycle on our second machine left the clothes extremely wet and the Drain & Spin cycle needed to be run to remove the excess water. The fact our first machine didn't have this problem seems to indicate the performance of this model is inconsistent from machine to machine.
We would NOT recommend this product.
After posting the previous review on the Whirlpool website, I was contacted by Andre W. of Customer Service, who informed me he wanted to inquire further about my review. I was asked to provide my Contact Information. Although I replied with everything he requested, it's been nearly four weeks and I have not received any additional correspondence from Whirlpool. This, despite the fact I have sent Andre W. two follow up e-mails, asking when I could expect more communication.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/22/2014 11:36 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Whirlpool/-Benton-Harbor-Michigan-49022/Whirlpool-Faulty-Whirlpool-Duet-Washer-and-lack-of-response-from-Customer-Service-Benton-1125695. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Whirlpool