Complaint Review: whirlpool

• Updated: Wed, May 14, 2014

• Reported By: joe zona — Alhambra California
whirlpool
Mississauga, Ontario Canada

whirlpool sold non-working appliance, incompetent service, lied mississauga, Ontario Canada

*Consumer Comment: Perhaps if you weren't such a demanding jerk they would go out of their way to help you..

I purchased a new stove from Whirlpool and it did not work when delivered.  They said they would repair it but when the tech came he had no parts on his truck.  He wants me to wait another week.

This was a new appliance that was manufactured poorly and the company's attitude is that I don't count because they already have my money.  There are only about 5 electronic parts on a new $1000 stove and they did not stock them on the repair truck (Whirlpool Factory Service) because they don't care if I get what I paid for or if they waste my time with incompetent service calls.

I called support to express my dissatisfaction and when I asked for a supervisor I was talked to like I was a child and then I was placed on hold indefinately until I hung up the phone.

If you want to buy new appliances that work, I strongly suggest that you stay away from Whirlpool/Maytag.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/14/2014 11:28 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/whirlpool/Mississauga-Ontario/whirlpool-sold-non-working-appliance-incompetent-service-lied-mississauga-Ontario-Cana-1146620. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on whirlpool

AUTHOR: Ken - ()

"This was a new appliance that was manufactured poorly"

What on this appliance was "manufactured poorly?"  How would you know this?  You do know that shipping can cause problems and that parts can fail at ANY time...even on initiall power up in the home.

" There are only about 5 electronic parts on a new $1000 stove and they did not stock them on the repair truck.."

Let's see, if they carried the "5 electronic parts" for each appliance in their line, how many parts could that be?  I'd bet it would take a larger truck.,

Are you ALWAYS an impatient, overbearing jerk?   Just askin'.

"I was talked to like I was a child"

It doesn't take a genius to figure out why this happened...think about it.