Complaint Review: Whirlpool

• Reported By: victoria kimble — chicago Illinois
Whirlpool
2611 s. michigan benton harbor, Michigan USA

Whirlpool Stalling to replace Lemon Refrigerator benton harbor Michigan

My first compliant started soon after I purchased the refrigerator that the ice maker was not working properly. The first service vendor was A & E aooliance services. They replace a part the icemaker worked for a short time and I had to call for a service person again. This time it was Diamond Service and reapir.  After they tried to repair the icemaker on the frezzor side of the refrigerator they dicided to replace the freezer side door.  The service person called Whirlpool and gave them they model number for a new freezer door whch has the water and ice despensor. Diamond install the replacement freezer door.

I discovered that all the shelves were not completly installed in the new freezer door. I started to call. The service department sent me an e-mail with a decription of the door to determine waht part was missing.  The parts they sent were not a fit for this door.

I also discovered that the replaced freezer door has rubed a hole twice in two different places on the custome wall that enclosed the refrigerator.   The replacement freezer door has created holes in my custom kitchen wall.

I believe that this is a door from another earlier version of my model.  I know that this is not an exact door of the original freezer door.  Because Whirlpool cannot find the missing shelf for this substitute freezer door.

How can this be a duplicate of the original freezer door?   If it is why can a schematic of this door be sent to me? Why doesn' the freezer replacement door not fiting in the custom spot as the original did.   The original nver damaged the  custom made wall but the replacement has?

Since has been going on since the first call in 2012 and the last call today 2013 about this freezer door.

If the lemon regrigerator showed defects in the ice making system why did'nt Whirlpool replace the refrigerator? After leaving me with a defective refrigerator that now has a replacement freezer door that does't fit th3e original refrigerator and it did not come with all the shelves.  When you open the replacement door it is digging a hole in my kitchen door. The replacement door is missing a shelf  when my original door had all of the shelves for the freezer side of the refrigerator.

Bottom line I received a lemon and Whirlpool does want to replace my refrigerator.  I have talked to an executive staff member who is going to contact the cheif engineer to determine if the door is compatible.

This is not a resolution their computor system after keying in the original model number will show the most compatible door.

Thats the problem the original door cannot be replaced because this model for the year I bought is no longer available. It is discontinued.  So nine months ago I rec'vd a replacement door that was not made the year that I purchased this model.

I now own a referbashed refrigerator that I bought brand new with all of the parts.

This refrigerator is still under warante and I want a replacement of this refrigerator.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/12/2014 01:57 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Whirlpool/benton-harbor-Michigan-49322/Whirlpool-Stalling-to-replace-Lemon-Refrigerator-benton-harbor-Michigan-1123124. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Whirlpool