Complaint Review: whirlpool

• Submitted: Mon, September 27, 2010
  • Updated: Mon, September 27, 2010

• Reported By: deedee11111 — Wilmington Ohio United States of America

whirlpool warranty New York, Internet

I purchased a water cooler from whirlpool and it broke before the warranty had expired I called them to get it fixed and they set up an appointment for someone to service it the day of the service appointment the tech called me and asked me if I need my range serviced and I said it was a water cooler and he said they don't service water coolers so he advised me to call the company and make other arrangement to get it fixed so I called and they told me to fax in a copy of my receipt and call them back the next day to get instructions on how to get another one so I did and they were not open until the following Monday so I called Monday and they told me the person wasn't in but they would let them know to call me I instead asked how do I get a replacement since they do not service it and they told me reluctantly that I would have to send it back and pay for the fee it costs to send and then I would have to pay the fee to get it back to me and it would take anywhere from 1-3 months to get back to me '' It is a shame that a company that has been around so long has such terrible policies '' I will never buy a single thing from this company again.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/27/2010 08:45 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/whirlpool/internet/whirlpool-warranty-New-York-Internet-644795. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on whirlpool