Complaint Review: Whirlpool

• Reported By: salandanna — Phoenix Arizona United States of America
Whirlpool
www.whirlpool.com LosAngeles, California United States of America

Whirlpool Whirlpool Water Heaters LosAngeles, California

I purchased an 8,000 Sq Ft. home that has a 80 Gallon Water Heater from Whirlpool. The water heater had a leak so I called the phone number on the water heater which was whirlpool.

After answering several questions from the support person, she stated that the water heater does have a leak and needs to be replaced. She then asked me for my name and info. after logging my info she stated that I was not the original owner of the home and that the warranty is not transferable so my water heater is not covered any longer.

I told her the person I purchased the home from is a friend of mine and I can have him call. She stated that since she now knows that I am the no owner and that it is logged in their system the warranty is still not good.

What a bait and switch, She waited until the end to ask me for my name, knowing that it would no longer be under warranty. I will NEVER BY A WHIRLPOOL AGAIN. They offered no alternatives and when I asked to speak to a supervisor  they just happened to be in a meeting.

I would expect more from a larger company like them.

MAKE SURE TO TELL YOUR FRIENDS THAT THEY ARE NOT THE ORIGINAL PURCHASER OF A WHIRLPOOL PRODUCT THAT THE WARRANTY IS NO LONG GOOD.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/10/2012 11:44 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Whirlpool/LosAngeles-California-/Whirlpool-Whirlpool-Water-Heaters-LosAngeles-California-980184. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Whirlpool