Complaint Review: White Oak Apiary

• Updated: Sat, July 13, 2013

• Reported By: David — Willseyville New York
White Oak Apiary
87 Brewster Hill Rd Brewster NY 10509 Brewster, New York USA

White Oak Apiary Fail to communicate about order, or to return deposit money after anticipated dates Brewster New York

This company accepted a deposit for honey bee nucleus colonies to be available in mid - late May 2013. After an initial email notice from Mike in February I was told that I'd be notified as the pick-up dates approached. The February notice was optimistic that there would be plenty of bees available, and probably extras, for those on the waiting list.  "Reading ... bring extra cash..." in that note was my first red flag.

In June, still contemplating a trip to pick up bees, I emailed a request for an update of the situation. I got no reply. When I checked the website I read a blanket notice that there were no extra bees. I anticipated a return of my depsoit money.

In July, after summer had officially begun, I sent another note, asking for a return of my deposit. I've gotten no reply. Again I have checked the website and found blanket notice about being far behind in the apiary chores. I fear I'm involved with an over-ambitious business with some sloppy business management. Noticing another ripoff report with the same problem, only of much longer duration, I'm prompted to be more active in recovering my deposit money. I will need some convincing to try doing any future business with this apiary.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/13/2013 12:42 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/White-Oak-Apiary/Brewster-New-York-10509/White-Oak-Apiary-Fail-to-communicate-about-order-or-to-return-deposit-money-after-antici-1066769. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on White Oak Apiary