Complaint Review: white star movers

• Submitted: Sat, August 04, 2012
  • Updated: Tue, August 07, 2012

• Reported By: Unhappy — no city Michigan U.S.A.
white star movers
mound rd sterling hgts, Michigan United States of America

white star movers bad movers and poor customer service sterling hgts, Michigan

*Author of original report: broken bowls, plates, glasses, vase

I used this company upon several people recommending them to me. It appeared I got very poor movers. At 1st they were very fast- about an hour later- they slowed down. I was moving from a 2 bedroom apt to a 2 bedroom apt-2 miles from the old to the new. It should have taken about 2 hours to pack up all my stuff but it took them 3 hours and 15 minutes. As we were driving to the new apt- they were going to stop at the drugstore to pick up some pop which was a 10 to 15 minute stop. An hour later they showed up. I asked them to bring in the furniture first so I know where to place the furniture as it is a little smaller than my old apt. So they bring in the about 30 boxes and just put them anywhere even they were marked what rooms and what were in them. I told them at the beginning that I had a bad back-don't put the heavy ones on top of the fragile and light boxes. They were unhappy because when they started to bring in the furniture they had to move the boxes which took them even longer. Needless to say- I found the toy box in my bathroom, clothes in the kitchen, pots and pans in the bedroom. For a  5 hours job maximum- it took them almost 7 hours and still had to pay an extra hour and a fuel charge. Emailed them through their website and complained. Told them I am retired and on a limited budget.- It was way over what I was going to pay. I asked for a $150 dollar refund- no way- they are giving me $40 dollars back.-they rip people off.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/04/2012 12:58 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/white-star-movers/sterling-hgts-Michigan-/white-star-movers-bad-movers-and-poor-customer-service-sterling-hgts-Michigan-922503. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on white star movers

broken bowls, plates, glasses, vase

AUTHOR: Unhappy - (U.S.A.)

I  was unpacking some of my kitchen/dining room fragile items-notice that 2 full boxes-items were broken-they were labeled fragile and what the boxes contained. On top of these 2 boxes was a heavy box of pots and pans-why would movers put heavy boxes on top of fragile items-high risk of breakage. Called the movers to complain and waiting for a call back- as either the movers dropped the 2 boxes or the heavy box caused the broken stuff