Complaint Review: Whitlock

Whitlock 8529 and 8527 Interlake Avenue North, Seattle 98103 Seattle Washington

Address 8529 Interlake Avenue North

Duplex, also attached to 8527 Interlake Avenue North

Seattle WA 98103

Landlords take poor care of the property and after I moved out charged me for repairs to items that were not taken care of prior to me moving in. In addition, a plumber was at the property after I moved out (30 days later). The landlord reports a tree root was plugging the drain.

The landlord did not do an exit interview or meet with me prior to leaving. They charged me for just about everything they could. The neighbor is under the impression that carpet and windows will be upgraded but this will not be the case. These owners are a very nice older couple but they took at least two months before they themselves could drive from bellevue to seattle and get the place rented.

In the interim they never contacted me regarding their list of items to be billed. [continued below]....

..... I did call within 30 days and responded to their list, as well as identified items that were at move in. Another two weeks later, instead of receiving a check in the mail I got an itemized list of new items (found 30 days after I moved out and the plumber had been to the property) with items that were not existing when I lived there.

Nice people, but do not rent from them. During one winter storm they wanted me to open the inside hatch to the roof to warm the attic despite this would definitely skyrocket my heat bill and make my house cold. The windows are old and the house pretty much feels like a wind tunnel during any cold weather; any colder weather creates a draft through the house.

Again, nice people, but not very honest or interest in taking care of the house. Instead, they passed on costs to the renter (who moved out of state and was not interested in contesting the fake list).

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/20/2013 01:50 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Whitlock/Seattle-Washington-98103/Whitlock-8529-and-8527-Interlake-Avenue-North-Seattle-98103-Seattle-Washington-1077277. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Whitlock