Complaint Review: William (Bill) Gendron - MetLife

• Updated: Tue, August 27, 2013

• Reported By: R. R — Miami Florida
William (Bill) Gendron - MetLife
1200 S. Pine Island Rd. Plantation, Florida USA

William (Bill) Gendron - MetLife Securities / Investment Fraud, Financial Advisor Plantation Florida

William (Bill) Gendron is a Financial Advisor with MetLife Financial. The company provides group benefits to Dade County (my employer). I needed help with my retirement plan and his name was circulating amongst my fellow officers. I met him few times and he presented me with a financial plan. He is a very smooth talker and he appears as someone with good knowledge and very friendly. I should have known better, but he convinced me to invest into a variable annuity which is a complicated investment. He did not properly explain me all the fees involved and most important, the surrender charges when I wanted to take me money out to buy a house. I ended up loosing money.

I talked to other officers and they had similar experiences, but they were hesitant to talk about it outside the department because they were concerned they will look like idiots to trust a crooked advisor like him. I do not want other people to get burned like I did it. Be aware of bad advisors like him. I think MetLife is a good company and it has been around for ever, he is just one greedy guy that prays on his clients.

Officer R. R****

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/27/2013 11:17 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/William-Bill-Gendron-MetLife/Plantation-Florida-33324/William-Bill-Gendron-MetLife-Securities-Investment-Fraud-Financial-Advisor-Plantat-1079480. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on William (Bill) Gendron - MetLife