Complaint Review: william hill betting

• Submitted: Wed, December 05, 2012
  • Updated: Wed, December 05, 2012

• Reported By: gary — liverpool Other United Kingdom
william hill betting

william hill betting on line live bet in play showing the wrong result and time remaining of a football match and aloud me to place bet ,then refused to give me my money back when told! Internet

I was on the william hill website on the live bet in play section when i saw a football game that was 77 minutes gone in a 90 minute match plus injury time,

The score was 0-0 and william hill was giving odds of 17/20 to finish a draw,  so i decided to place money on the game ending a draw as there was only 13 minutes left of the match.

My bet was placed and i regually refreshed the page to see if there was any change in the game,

It got to 94 minutes and was still 0-0 ,, it carried on to 125 minutes and was still showing 0-0, so at this point i was wondering what the heck was going on!

I looked around for  the game on the website which was no longer there which is normal when a game is finished but i could not find the result anywere!.

I looked on livescores for the result who wasnt covering that game so i had to google search for the result.

To my amazement the website giving me the result was infact showing the game was only 45 minutes into the match and the score was 1-2 in half time break!

I immediately got in touch with william hill saying what had happened and wanted my bet voided and the money i put on refunded back onto my william hill ballance.

They said that the score and time shown on there website was only a guide and should use other websites to check scores before placing a bet with them!......WHAT!!

They also said that they were not held responsable for the information held on there betting website!

They also said it was not possible to refund my money due to this!

This matter is causing me some what a great amount of stress and is doing all i can through the power of the media and complaints companys to help me and any other person who might or already has been ripped off in this matter.

Thanks for reading

Gary , from Liverpool in the United Kingdom

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/05/2012 01:39 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/william-hill-betting/internet/william-hill-betting-on-line-live-bet-in-play-showing-the-wrong-result-and-time-remainin-978319. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on william hill betting