intended

• Submitted: Wed, April 10, 2013
  • Updated: Sun, April 14, 2013

• Reported By: kevin — Dearborn Michigan
william howard agency
19500 Victor Pkwy #540 Livonia, MI 48152 Livonia,, Michigan United States of America

william howard agency empty promises Livonia, , Michigan

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: In Response to Kevin

I was contacted by the William Howard agency who apparently got my resume from an online job board. They told me that they provided employment services for a fee, approximately $2500. The woman I spoke to, Tina, said that they would give me instruction for interviewing, resume writing to help me find employment in my chosen field. She said that they had been in business over 20 years and indicated that they had offices in other places, although she didn't come out and say that.

I asked what guarantees they offered. She said that they guaranteed to keep searching for a job for me.
I asked if they guaranteed they would get me employed, and she said no but reiterated that they would keep searching. I suggested that if they found me a job I would be happy to pay them the $2500 after I started working and said I would sign a contract to that. She said that wasn't their policy. I said that they wanted me to pay $2500 up front, guaranteed nothing, and didn't even know or keep ballpark figures of how many people they had placed in past year.

To me these are leeches who feed upon the people who prey on the unemployed, who are desperate and running out of hope. They are scum who take advantage of desperate people. If you receive an email or phone call from them report them to the Better Business Bureau and Angies List. They should not be allowed to operate this kind of business

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/10/2013 12:39 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/william-howard-agency/-Livonia-Michigan-48152/william-howard-agency-empty-promises-Livonia-Michigan-1042210. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on william howard agency

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

In Response to Kevin

AUTHOR: Agency Ownership - ()

Hi Kevin,

Our service is unique because we work solely for the employee and not the employer.  When you called me, I explained our services and answered your questions.  I also explained that our database has local and national employers of all sizes, however, I never stated that we have offices in other places.

You also stated that you would sign the contract with us and pay after you gain employment.  As stated above, we are different as we do not work like an employment agency.

We do not prey on the unemployed.  In fact, the majority of people who hire us are employed at the time.  I understand how frustrating it can be to look for new employment.  I apologize if I said anything that upset you during our conversation.

I hope you find the list of agencies that I emailed to you useful.  I also hope you get a very rewarding position.  If I can help you with anything, please call me at 734-464-6777 (ext 115).

Sincerely,