Complaint Review: William Howard Agency

William Howard Agency
Seven Mile Road Livonia, Michigan United States of America

William Howard Agency Waste of time sales pitch. Livonia, Michigan

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: In Response to the Report Dated September 23, 2009

I'll keep this brief, however, in summary I will say this is a complete and total waste of time.  The meeting was non-informative, the fees were not disclosed and the staff unprofessional.

After my so called "interview" which took over an hour of my time.  I was told to contact the agency the next day so they could give me a price to solicit services on my behalf.  Can you believe that?  When I asked the representative to please call me when he had formulated a fee for me, he reiterated - no - you call us.  I was completely turned off by the unprofessional attitude and the request that I call them.  Aren't they the ones selling me a service?

Stay clear and far!  After discussing the agency with several of their past clients I would never waste the money.  It's nothing more than here's our database of public companies you can find yourself on the internet.  $3.00 to print and send out a letter and resume you create yourself - RIP OFF!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/23/2009 01:02 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/William-Howard-Agency/Livonia-Michigan-/William-Howard-Agency-Waste-of-time-sales-pitch-Livonia-Michigan-499310. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on William Howard Agency

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

In Response to the Report Dated September 23, 2009

AUTHOR: Christina - (U.S.A.)

Your first paragraph mentions that fees were not disclosed. True. Your second paragraph states that our fees are formulated. Again, true. And, how does someone know that our fees are formulated? Simple, they are told. It is clearly explained verbally, and clearly outlined in a sample contract that every potential client goes home with; before becoming our client. By the way, our verbal presentation, in conjunction with the actual contract, has been described often over the many years as, Very Straight Forward. And, we agree.

As mentioned, verbally and in that same contract, fees are based on anticipated staffing, production scheduling, degree of difficulty, etc., not on commissions or percentages of anyones income. This formulation takes about fifteen minutes, and is available to interested potential clients after 9:30 the next morning. If a potential client is interested in pursuing our services, we ask that they call our office the next day; if not interested, just dont call. Plus, we are here eight hours a day, we are easy to contact; and, at this point in time, we do not know the daily schedule of every potential client.

And too, the majority of our clients are employed; confidentiality is very important. Therefore, until such time a potential client becomes a client and parameters are established for secure communications by telephone, our company does not initiate any communications. Our clients are very appreciative of this.

As far as discussing this agency with past clients: the identity of our clients is very, very confidential, even when they offer to be references. Our database? Its a lot more in-depth than what was led to believe. Built-up and refined over the many years, it is one very, very unique tool; it provides a wealth of information, not just names of public companies.

Letters and resumes you create yourself, and, the staff unprofessional. These fabrications are easy to defend: Check out our website and click on Testimonials; all unsolicited by the way. Our creative writing, our professional staff, and client offers to serve as references will be exhibited here. Owned and operated by the same people for over twenty-five years; our record speaks for itself.

However, for the record, we write and prepare all search materials. This includes search letters and even addressing search envelopes. We do not print and mail search materials to companies on behalf of our clients; never have and never will.

Our creative writing has surfaced marketable attributes our clients would have never recognized on their own, and has increased the self-esteem of many, many clients over the years.

Once target companies are approved by our clients, we then print and mail the final product to our clients; this is done on a weekly basis. Our clients then sign, stamp, and mail the material. We also provide a computer printout for our clients to track the companies we have agreed to go after.

In closing: This is a very sophisticated service, it is not traditional. Therefore, over the years, our presentation has been choreographed so as to fully and clearly present our service. No smoke and mirrors. And too, the initial telephone contact with our company, the actual booking for an appointment, and the presentation itself are all handled by salaried company owners, not by commissioned sales personnel; but by people who have a reputation to maintain and have a personal stake in this business.

Agency Ownership