Complaint Review: Willow Ridge LLC

• Updated: Wed, March 19, 2014

• Reported By: smilelaughhunt — North Ridgeville Ohio
Willow Ridge LLC
6520 PItts Blvd North Ridgeville, Ohio USA

Willow Ridge LLC Gary ( landlord) Mike(building owner) Leaky ceiling never fixed! North Ridgeville Ohio

I have lived at Willow Ridge since the beginning of September. I was looking for an apartment for immediate move in due to family issues. I found Willow Ridge on craigslist. I went and saw the apartment I would be living in . It seemed nice and clean with working appliances. The catch was, the whole apartment was on a slight tilt. The landlord claimed that was why it was priced so low. My rent is 514 for a one bedroom.

Despite this fact , I took it, the other apartments were priced at almost 545 with utilities. I moved in on the first weekend of September. From the moment I moved in it felt uneasy. I asked the landlord when I could expect for thr apartment to be updated which he responded it wouldnt be updated until after I moved.

Exactly one week after I moved in, We had a huge rain storm. I was sitting in the living room and I heard water leaking. MY ceiling was leaking water right on to my new couch and floor. [continued below]....

..... I called the landlord immediately ! He did not answer. Keep in mind it was a friday. By the time I got ahold of him almost an hour later the ceiling was not leaking as bad. He put a bucket under it and told he couldnt do anything about it until monday.

Monday came and nothing was done to my ceiling. I waited and waited. My ceiling still kept leaking. I am allergic to mold so by this time I started having allergic reactions. My landlord finally sent somebody to fix it in the first week of november. He patched the ceiling , didint paint it or anything. It looked terrible but At this point I just was happy it wasnt leaking.

Flashforward 1 month. Im putting up my christmas tree and decorating. I had put all of my ornaments and gifts under the tree. Two days later my ceiling starts leaking again!! All of my christmas gifts for people were ruined because the ceiling leaked all over them.

I asked my landlord when it would be fixed. He statted he had to wait until spring because they didnt have a full time maintance guy to fix my ceiling. My ceiling still leaks and when Im working and it leaks into my carpet, it gets so saturated that Im almost positive that my carpet is molded too.

I called my building owner and stated my problems. I said that this was an unsafe living condition. He proceeded to yell at me and say I was nit picking. I was only stating the things that needed to be fixed like my heat, my towel bar in the bathroom and the ceiling. We do not have maintance request sheets so I told him my problems hoping he could just write them down to be fixed. He came right away and fixed my heat but that was only after first caslling my landlord and waiting 2 days with no response. This was during January when it was extremely cold.

I have become so upset with this company that I decided to ask if I could terminate my lease. The building owner stated I could but that if everything in the apartment was not fixed he would take me to court. He Stated I needed to fix the towel bar which was ripping out of my cumbly walls and everything else.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/19/2014 09:25 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Willow-Ridge-LLC/North-Ridgeville-Ohio-44039/Willow-Ridge-LLC-Gary-landlord-Mikebuilding-owner-Leaky-ceiling-never-fixed-North-R-1131814. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Willow Ridge LLC