Complaint Review: Willowview Kennel

• Updated: Tue, September 07, 2010

• Reported By: Anthony — Bennettsville South Carolina United States of America
Willowview Kennel
8628 Smith Rd Stanfield, North Carolina United States of America

Willowview Kennel Kathy Sold me a puppy with a level 5 heart murmur Stanfield, North Carolina

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Regarding puppy sold with heart murmur

I'm not sure if anything can be done about this???

I purchase a Miniature Schnauzer from willowview kennel on 8-7-2010 with birth date of 6-13-2010. The puppy seem to be healthy and receive papers that he had his first shot on 7-25-2010. My son took him for his second shot and exam on 8-25-2010. I received a call at work telling me to contact the Veterinary right away.

The Vet says that the puppy has abnormal testicles but, must more serious he was born with a grade 5 heart murmur. Well didn't know how serious that was so, he explain that the puppy may need other special care and advise returning the puppy to the breeder.

I sent Kathy of the Veterinary report. I asked her if I could returned the puppy for a refund because I could not afford the care he may need.

Kathy replied that she doesn't give refunds and eventually offered to replace the puppy. I declined the offer! Why would I want other puppy for her?  I couldn't understand why a breeder would sell a puppy and not inform the buyer of the puppy conditions.

Everyday that I see my son playing with his puppy I wonder! Will he be ok?

How long can I go without getting him some help?

So I decided to reach out for some help

Can anyone give me some advice? Is it ok to sell puppies in this condition without informing the buyer? When you take the puppies for first shots should this condition be picked up in the exam?

Help

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/07/2010 08:34 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Willowview-Kennel/Stanfield-North-Carolina-28163/Willowview-Kennel-Kathy-Sold-me-a-puppy-with-a-level-5-heart-murmur-Stanfield-North-Carol-638336. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Willowview Kennel

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Regarding puppy sold with heart murmur

AUTHOR: Willowview kennel - ()

This puppy was sold on a signed contract in which the buyer agreed to have the puppy checked by his vet within 48 hours and let the breeder know within one day if any congenital defects were found.

The breeder heard from the buyer approximately 4 weeks later about the condition of the puppy. The breeder stated as per the signed contract that she would replace the puppy with another with a  reasonable amout of time, as stated in the signed contract.

A healthy puppy, checked by the breeder's vet was provided within 2 weeks. The puppy with the diagnosed hearth murmur was returmed to the breeder. The returned puppy was dirty, malnurished and has been abused but the contract was fulfilled.