Complaint Review: Winding Creek

• Reported By: Star Madison — Columbus Ohio
Winding Creek
4653 Refugee Rd Columbus, Ohio USA

Winding Creek AKA Brookside Manor RIPOFF Columbus Ohio

When I first moved in I was excited to be in my own new home, but after about a month my sister and best friend who also resided in Winding Creek were starting to notice it wasn't a good move. We all had separate unt\its in the complex and each also had our own issues. An outbreak of bedbugs came through the complex (at no fault of the leasing officials). when I called for help they made it seem as though everything would be handled quickly and efficiantly but a month went by and I hadn't heard anything about my apartment being sprayed and livable again. I kept calling and stopping in the leasing office but it wasn't until I threatened them with legal action that my apartment was sprayed for the infestation. this process took about 2months.

When I was in the process of transitioning back home with my 2year-old we kept hearing cat noises (neither me nor my daughter was fans of cats). come to find out when my neighbors below me moved out and left their door open stray cats got inside and were crawling up a whole that lead from her kitchen to mines and also the bathroom. It was so bad that my mother came by one day and ran out thinking I purchased a cat but it was a stray in my house with any kind of disease it could've been carrying!

months go by with very little repairs made to my unit or any other options given to me. I go out with a friend one night and my little sister baby sat at my place. when I returned home I could not enter because there was a "shoot out" between the police and some teens RIGHT IN FRONT OF MY UNIT! that was my last straw as I began to find a way out of my lease without any harm to my rental records. Once the leasing office knew I was trying to leave it became a little war between us. I got a flat tire and my car was towed! my rent money was "misplaced" and a wrongful eviction had to be dismissed. it was all just a nightmare!

Do NOT believe their ads or let the nice new paint job fool you! not only did I move before my lease was up so did my sister and best friend. During their buyout by Brookside I miraculously got an outstanding balance from Winding Creek for $600 which turned into an eviction. My rent was $479 so I have no idea where $600 came from and when I asked Brookside they couldnt tell me anything because there was no record of why I owed!

Just a mess!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/02/2013 10:56 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Winding-Creek/Columbus-Ohio-43232/Winding-Creek-AKA-Brookside-Manor-RIPOFF-Columbus-Ohio-1063844. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Winding Creek