- Report: #373094
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: Windsor-Morgan & Parker
Windsor-Morgan & ParkerPO Box 4805 Queensland, Australia
Windsor-Morgan & Parker UBI SCAM "Guaranteed Delivery Statement". $5,000 prize. "Contest of Skill" Robina Town Centre Queensland Australia
*Consumer Suggestion: I got one too
*Consumer Comment: be careful
*Consumer Comment: Mine's different
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
The test? Answer the puzzle question 20 + 5 = (circle 25, 21, or 23)
The form requires a signature authorizing payment, and the barely readable faint grey printing on the back explains that "tie-breakers" may be necessary to determine the final winner - and that photo copies of passports or state-issued IDs would be necessary.
What a SCAM!
Clearly there is no skill involved and an untold number of hopeful/gullible people will respond - which will certainly require subsequent "tie-breakers" - so there is no guarantee.
What do you have to lose?
1) Postage or fax fees to Australia
2) The faint print on the back of the letter indicates that Windsor-Morgan will make their mailing list available to other "carefully screened companies". Returning their letter will indicate that they've found *a live one* - and you'll eventually receive Junk Mail from EVERYONE - including more scam artists.
3) You will be giving your full name, address, and SIGNATURE to unknown persons - who could conceivably forge any variety of documents in your name.
4) If you send them a copy of your passport or driver's license - they will also have sensitive data that could be used for IDENTITY THEFT.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/15/2008 02:29 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Windsor-Morgan-Parker/Queensland-/Windsor-Morgan-Parker-UBI-SCAM-Guaranteed-Delivery-Statement-5000-prize-Conte-373094. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.
Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.