uniform

• Updated: Sun, March 03, 2013

• Reported By: Tim — Orlando Florida United States of America
Windstream Communications-Maitland, FL
Maitland, Florida United States of America

Windstream Communications-Maitland, FL Windstream refuses to port our phone numbers to another carrier Maitland, Florida

*Consumer Comment: I am curious about this dealing with Windstream...

*Consumer Comment: I'm curious about this....

Our contract with Windstream Communications expired Jan. 21, 2013.  The Windstream sales rep. supposedly started the porting process to our next carrier in December, 2012.  That was the beginning of the nightmare that Windstream has caused us.  The Windstream rep., instead of beginning the porting process, comes to my office to have me sign additional 1 and 2 year contracts.  No way due to Windstreams slow, buffering, internet service.  Instead Windstream keeps rejecting port orders they've received from Brighthouse (our next carrier) due to fake reasons.

On Feb. 1 and on March 1 Windstream purposely disconnected both our phone & internet service.  They disconnect the service on a Friday evening and despite calls to their "repair" dept. they blame AT&T (the real carrier behind the scenes) for not being able to reconnect over the weekend.  I understand that Windstream does not want to lose our $600/mo. business but over the last couple years Windstream would not do anything about the slow internet service.  They refuse to port phone numbers to another carrier and use multiple excuses why they reject port orders from Brighthouse, however at this point Windstream is violating Federal porting laws.

Despite us being a 12 year customer, have paid ontime every month, every year, they are refusing to port our phone numbers to Brighthouse.  As many times over the last 6 weeks that I've tried to get Windstream management involved management has never called, not even one time.   Two days ago I reported the disconnect to their "repair" deparment, two days later still nothing done.  Tomorrow I'll go to Windstreams office in Maitland Florida and I'll open an internet complaint with the FCC.  Looks like it will take a lawyer to get our phone numbers ported away from them.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/03/2013 01:07 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Windstream-Communications-Maitland-FL/Maitland-Florida-/Windstream-Communications-Maitland-FL-Windstream-refuses-to-port-our-phone-numbers-to-an-1022873. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Windstream Communications-Maitland, FL

I am curious about this dealing with Windstream...

AUTHOR: Ken - (USA)

"Instead Windstream keeps rejecting port orders they've received from Brighthouse (our next carrier) due to fake reasons."

Just what are these "fake reasons" they are giving you?

If they truly are "fake," involve not only the FCC, but the BBB and the FTC.

I'm curious about this....

AUTHOR: Ken - (USA)

Just what are these fake reaons they are giving you?

If they truly are "fake" the BBB, the FTC and FCC should be involved.