Complaint Review: Wingate of South Hadley

• Updated: Wed, July 06, 2011

• Reported By: Liz — Ware Massachusetts United States of America
Wingate of South Hadley
Route 202 South Hadley, Ma South Hadley, Massachusetts United States of America

Wingate of South Hadley Wingate Nursing Homes Malpractice, Neglect South Hadley, Massachusetts

I broke my femur in 2009.  After i ws operated on, I told the hospital and the surgeon's office that something was srong, I ws in intense pain.  I was ignored, and they transferred me to a nursing faciliyt for 'rehab', Wingate of South Hadley, Ma.  Wingate has a chain of nursing facilities throughout Mass.  Fromt he minute I got there, I was treated poorly.  (I am a 50 something, very healthy woman who is very active, prior to braking my leg)  I was not given my pain meds, with teh excuse that "I did not ask for them" when they were supposed to be given to me every 4 hours, they refused to tell me what they were giving me, the food they delivered was inedible, (witnessed by my vistitors) and due to the fact i coudl not get out of bed, I had to call to get assistance to use a ped pan.

NO ONE (and I mean this) answered the call buttons.  On one occasion, I timed it and was neglected in excess of 45 minutes.  The call buttons in the entire place rang constantly.  I even called the main nubmer, to get assistance and no one showed up.  We needed to contact the local police to get someone to come to my room! I was there for 4 days and i was changed only once, and my bed was never changed.  I was left in soiled linen.  When my husband compalined, they called teh police on him and tried to get him arrested!  I forced the police to get me out of there as I feared for my life.  The 'safety' equipment in my room did not work and was not attached properly and would have endanged my life if used.  By the time I was taken out fo there, I was in serious distrss at the emergency room and in danger of my kidney's shutting down.  I needed to contact my attoreny to get assistance.

I have heard from other sources that this facility has allowed elderly people to fall out of bed and they have laid there for hours dying without anyone checking on them.

This has caused such serious psychological problems with me that I still am afraid to even tavel the road in front of this place without geting sick to my stomach and I have nightmares about this.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/06/2011 11:47 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Wingate-of-South-Hadley/South-Hadley-Massachusetts-/Wingate-of-South-Hadley-Wingate-Nursing-Homes-Malpractice-Neglect-South-Hadley-Massachus-749751. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Wingate of South Hadley